By Todd Harrison Dec 17, 2004 3:09 pm
May peace be with you!
- The apple doesn't fall far from the toga?
- Once upon a time there was a dot.com bubble. Then came the housing bubble. Is this the start of a virtual housing bubble?
- Heavy close, down Monday and turnaround Tuesday?
- Mr. P is still atop the leader board and if he stays there, he'll join Succo, Reamer, Collins, Pockets, Bernie, Fil, Macke, Snoop, Weldon, Santoli, Gula, Collins, Meehan, Fokker, Cynthia Dietzmann and a handful of other swingin' Minyans at Festivus '04. We've already ramped to a bigger room but it'll still be an intimate soiree (40 peeps). And of course, proceeds from the auction will benefit The Ruby Peck Foundation for Children's Education (5013c).
- To borrow a phrase from my pal Jeff Saut, there sure are a lot of "bearded financials" out there!
- I've heard of swingers but spinners?
- A few Minyans asked me why I didn't suit up when I had a "feel" this morning. The answer is that I'm up to my eyes in end-of-year housekeeping and only have 1 3/4 eyes on the tape. If you're not laser focused, we know, you're asking for trouble.
- Wasabi ExGen Securities!
- A Vegas sting operation!
- I've received an outsized number of emails from traders lamenting about the crowded tape. "I used to scalp $5 on size positions," one wrote, "and now I'm happy to make a nickel on a few G's." The "weeding out" process I've been discussing since 2000 is in full swing and the onus is on YOU to adapt. That may mean elongating your time horizon or widening your levels--I don't know--but consider yourself fortunate that you see the problem. Now work on a solution!
- How much of the crude move is Yukos related and how much is a function of the broader secular dynamic?
- Shocker that I'm (again) sick just in time for my first vacation in two years!
- The brokers, trannies, Google (GOOG:NASD) and select cyclicals have actually traded pretty dry today. Then again, the drugs traded dry all day yesterday.
- A.D.D (Account Deficit Disorder)?
- Where the heck does all that shoulder dust in the closet come from?
- I said it on the Buzz (and its definitely not today's business) but I think Cars will be the first bust in the Pixar (PIXR:NASD) portfolio.
- I still think that the metals will have a crude type correction. And I still think BOTH the metals and energy are long-term parking spots (not advice).
- "To me, there are three things we all should do every day. We should do this every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy. But think about it. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special." Jimmy V.
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter