May peace be with you!
- The apple doesn't fall far from the toga?
- Once upon a time there was a dot.com bubble. Then came the housing bubble. Is this the start of a virtual housing bubble?
- Heavy close, down Monday and turnaround Tuesday?
- Mr. P is still atop the leader board and if he stays there, he'll join Succo, Reamer, Collins, Pockets, Bernie, Fil, Macke, Snoop, Weldon, Santoli, Gula, Collins, Meehan, Fokker, Cynthia Dietzmann and a handful of other swingin' Minyans at Festivus '04. We've already ramped to a bigger room but it'll still be an intimate soiree (40 peeps). And of course, proceeds from the auction will benefit The Ruby Peck Foundation for Children's Education (5013c).
- To borrow a phrase from my pal Jeff Saut, there sure are a lot of "bearded financials" out there!
- I've heard of swingers but spinners?
- A few Minyans asked me why I didn't suit up when I had a "feel" this morning. The answer is that I'm up to my eyes in end-of-year housekeeping and only have 1 3/4 eyes on the tape. If you're not laser focused, we know, you're asking for trouble.
- Wasabi ExGen Securities!
- A Vegas sting operation!
- I've received an outsized number of emails from traders lamenting about the crowded tape. "I used to scalp $5 on size positions," one wrote, "and now I'm happy to make a nickel on a few G's." The "weeding out" process I've been discussing since 2000 is in full swing and the onus is on YOU to adapt. That may mean elongating your time horizon or widening your levels--I don't know--but consider yourself fortunate that you see the problem. Now work on a solution!
- How much of the crude move is Yukos related and how much is a function of the broader secular dynamic?
- Shocker that I'm (again) sick just in time for my first vacation in two years!
- The brokers, trannies, Google (GOOG:NASD) and select cyclicals have actually traded pretty dry today. Then again, the drugs traded dry all day yesterday.
- A.D.D (Account Deficit Disorder)?
- Where the heck does all that shoulder dust in the closet come from?
- I said it on the Buzz (and its definitely not today's business) but I think Cars will be the first bust in the Pixar (PIXR:NASD) portfolio.
- I still think that the metals will have a crude type correction. And I still think BOTH the metals and energy are long-term parking spots (not advice).
- "To me, there are three things we all should do every day. We should do this every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy. But think about it. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special." Jimmy V.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter