I wonder if all those macro buyers come back later...or puke 'em cause they didn't lift?
- Ricky Williams "only" gained 102 yards against my Raiders but he gained something else: my respect.
- If the bulls are relying on the consumer and the retailers are all struggling, what does that tell ya?
- It's impossible to make an investment decision without first identifying your horizon and objectives.
- One day I'll tell you all a very funny story about Neil Glassman, I just want to make sure he's sitting down first (or, at least, has his walker handy!).
- The brokers continue to act dry...and for some reason, I keep looking at BKX 800 with a moist brow.
- Jason Harlan is the new "high bid" ($1500) for the one-of-a-kind signed by all Minyanville holiday poster (see below). 100% of the proceeds (tax deductible) will be donated to The Ruby Peck Foundation for Children's Education and, I promise you, this is good karma! Bidding ends on Thursday's close. Send bids to firstname.lastname@example.org
- While the stochastics in the S&P and NDX are edging closer to buy signals, the stochastics in the XOI (oil index), XBD (oil service index) and XAU (gold and silver index) have confirmed sell signals.
- I don't know if I've ever seen my brother with a bigger smile on his face then I did when Petty sang "You Don't Know How it Feels." Made my heart jump.
- Word is that Tony Dwyer shed a tear because he missed Daisy so much while on Vacation. Dude...she's a cartoon!
- I just thought of Mark Fydrich and I have no idea why.
- When does the market make THE bottom? When nobody cares anymore!
- If you're an active trader, think about rearranging the symbols on your screen(s) and grouping them by industry-it's easier to see the trends/rotation.
- I will not wear my Marcus Allen #32 jersey to the Q-lounge to watch Raider games ever again. It's bad luck!
- Going on vacation and having CNBC on all day doesn't fly. If you're going away, go away!
- I think capital preservation will be the single most important investment thesis in the years ahead. I've said this before, but I wanted to say it again.
- Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand....
- Some of the wealthiest people I know don't have two dimes to rub together.
- Pound for pound, hamburgers cost more than new cars.
- If you're unhappy, take steps to fix yourself-it must start within.
- I'm running out to a midtown meeting in the shark tank-if I don't circle back later, good luck into the close and remember: think positive!
- Martin is so sad I'm leaving, he hasn't eaten or shaved in a week. Hey kid, here's a kitkat--now go put some cream on your chin and let a kitten lick off that "stubble."
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter