By Todd Harrison Dec 17, 2002 1:59 pm
I wonder if all those macro buyers come back later...or puke 'em cause they didn't lift?
- Ricky Williams "only" gained 102 yards against my Raiders but he gained something else: my respect.
- If the bulls are relying on the consumer and the retailers are all struggling, what does that tell ya?
- It's impossible to make an investment decision without first identifying your horizon and objectives.
- One day I'll tell you all a very funny story about Neil Glassman, I just want to make sure he's sitting down first (or, at least, has his walker handy!).
- The brokers continue to act dry...and for some reason, I keep looking at BKX 800 with a moist brow.
- Jason Harlan is the new "high bid" ($1500) for the one-of-a-kind signed by all Minyanville holiday poster (see below). 100% of the proceeds (tax deductible) will be donated to The Ruby Peck Foundation for Children's Education and, I promise you, this is good karma! Bidding ends on Thursday's close. Send bids to firstname.lastname@example.org
- While the stochastics in the S&P and NDX are edging closer to buy signals, the stochastics in the XOI (oil index), XBD (oil service index) and XAU (gold and silver index) have confirmed sell signals.
- I don't know if I've ever seen my brother with a bigger smile on his face then I did when Petty sang "You Don't Know How it Feels." Made my heart jump.
- Word is that Tony Dwyer shed a tear because he missed Daisy so much while on Vacation. Dude...she's a cartoon!
- I just thought of Mark Fydrich and I have no idea why.
- When does the market make THE bottom? When nobody cares anymore!
- If you're an active trader, think about rearranging the symbols on your screen(s) and grouping them by industry-it's easier to see the trends/rotation.
- I will not wear my Marcus Allen #32 jersey to the Q-lounge to watch Raider games ever again. It's bad luck!
- Going on vacation and having CNBC on all day doesn't fly. If you're going away, go away!
- I think capital preservation will be the single most important investment thesis in the years ahead. I've said this before, but I wanted to say it again.
- Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand....
- Some of the wealthiest people I know don't have two dimes to rub together.
- Pound for pound, hamburgers cost more than new cars.
- If you're unhappy, take steps to fix yourself-it must start within.
- I'm running out to a midtown meeting in the shark tank-if I don't circle back later, good luck into the close and remember: think positive!
- Martin is so sad I'm leaving, he hasn't eaten or shaved in a week. Hey kid, here's a kitkat--now go put some cream on your chin and let a kitten lick off that "stubble."
position in qqq
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter