"Rolling rotations" are a sign of a strong tape.
- And Rudolph had a self-esteem issue?
- We saw $5,000,000,000 (yes, billion) worth of S&P futures bought minutes after the S's made a fresh high shortly after the opening. Was it the Dukes? Nah, it was a combination of technical buying (triggered by 'new high' in the S&P) and expiration (the draw to S&P 1425). And, for what it's worth, I think S&P 1425ish caps 'em into expiration.
- Gooooooooooal! Brazil is up a percent and registering fresh all-time highs. Why does that matter? It's a proxy for 1) emerging market concerns, 2) risk appetites and 3) unique waxing strategies.
- Don't stress and press, just see and be.
- The financials, the single most important group in the troop, are a 'tad' laggy today (yes, I know it's relative). While they're not yet considered a Jeff Goldblum style fly, keep an eye on 'em IF the tape fades. Stocks (sectors) that don't rally with the market typically imply supply.
- This ditty isn't Hard to Handle.
- Remember that reverse dandruff we spoke of in the drillers? It continues to flake higher. You know that conventional dandruff we eyed in the trannies? It remains alive under TRAN 4800.
- Levels of Lore? BKX 115, TRAN 4600, HGX 240 (50% retracement) and SOX 465ish (right here and right now).
- From a "tea leaves standpoint," the Matador Crowd is all systems go. At different times, however, different metrics assume distinct weighting and importance. Given the juxtaposition of tomorrow's expiration, I would offer that the structural metric is currently top tier (with psychology, technicals and fundies trailing in that order).
- You would think that he would buy 'em a drink first, eh?
- Wait, the dollar and stocks are both higher? Yep, it can happen any given day. But I firmly believe that they cannot both sustain the jig. Asset class deflation or dollar devaluation-it's been the DNA of this market since the back of the bubble and it remains very much in play.
- "Rolling rotations" are a sign of a strong tape.
- Mea culpa on not sharing the fact that Best Buy knocked 25% off everything under the moon during my plasma binge last Saturday. In hindsight, that was an anecdotal tell that something strange was afoot at the Circle K.
- Who does number two work for!?!?
- There were (and are) a slew of deals this week and thus far, the Minx has gobbled up the supply. Please note that, starting next week, the calendar will slow considerably into the holidays.
- Rest in Peace, Mr. Boyle. And thank you for the memories.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter