May peace be with you!
- The combination of a non-shocker from Elmer, a nudge from General Electric (GE:NYSE) and performance anxiety in the Street is lending a bid to the tape. The question now becomes one of timing and sauciness---FOMC days are notoriously known for "first move head fakes"
- This is now the second time I've written these Randoms--the first batch was chewed up by my trusty computer just as I was finishing up. Sigh...
- They're not gonna turn the machines back on. Are they?
- "The SPX continues its ascent into higher ground, and volume flows remain complimentary as expansions in turnover support the bull cause. What we are seeing from the perspective of internals is this market's ability to confirm with the 52-week new high list. Only 8.2% of the SPX is trading at a new high, a continual contraction since the 20% figure set at the beginning of November. This isn't a sell signal, but instead a breadth indicator with a higher standard that offers internal indications of momentum." --Jeff DeGraaf of Lehman Brothers
- Remember the "biggest news in Minyanville history" that I was gonna share this week? It's still happenin'....but for reasons that will become apparent when the time comes, we won't make the splash until the new year.
- It'll be interesting to see if the mo'mo go'go crowd mutters "company specific" with regard to the RIMM news (RIMM:NASD) or if it quells the momentum driven swell.
- Count to ten before you send.
- China Rider!
- I opined on the Buzz (earlier today) that the Google (GOOG:NASD) giggle could have the last laugh as a function of the pennant. That's not advice--and there IS lock-up stock coming--but it has broad implications and should be on ye radar.
- Don't bet the ranch!
- Intervention analysis?
- Crude is rude to the tune of a deuce (2%).
- Minyans are a special bunch. Anyone who would like to assist Minyan Neal in his quest to help young Juliana, please click here. As The Ruby Peck Foundation for Children's Education charter mandates that we distribute our funds to educational charities, I will be making this particular gesture from my personal account.
- "A combination of leverage, relatively illiquid assets and, in many cases, model-based approaches to trading and valuation may, in the event of material asset price shifts, exacerbate stressed conditions."
- We are hard at work building the "special gifts" for the holiday Festivus next Wednesday. Between that, the entertainment and--oh yeah!--all the professors, some lucky Minyan will carry home a huge smile!
- Note the SOX (at the 200-day) and the NDX ('04 highs) didn't mount their respective humps.
- What a shmuck!
- It was nice to see Bill Meehan's name on Minyanville. Now he's in our library AND in our hearts.
- And look at the time....
- Have a peaceful night!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter