By Todd Harrison Dec 12, 2002 1:52 pm
I can't wait for Kissmass!
- The IMF financial market report was released earlier and spoke of "significant downside risks" to global markets and risks to the nascent economic recovery. It went on to question the strength of the U.S consumer while noting the risk in the European financials and Japan's perennial sluggishness. Noticeably absent from the text was the phrase "Razor Burn."
- I've never done Random Thoughts five days in a row and I'm feeling somewhat frisky-this is the fourth!
- Thurman Munson should be in the Hall of Fame.
- The DAX is trading at 3127. Keep an eye on that 3k level-I'm tellin' ya.
- S&P 900 is either gonna be a great purchase or a great sale come 12/31-but if you're flipping a coin to decide which way to play it, you should sit it out and not look back.
- A duck's quack doesn't echo and nobody knows why.
- One of the best concerts I've ever been to was Kool & the Gang. It was fresh! (sorry)
- Pork chops and apple sauce, swell!
- When exploring the technical metric, I like to look at "tick" charts ranging from daily to yearly and then walk through point & figure. When I see a "level" that aligns, I use it as a backdrop when trading.
- James Earl Jones could have the best voice of all time.
- I wonder what Tony's doing right now and if he's thought about Daisy since he left?
- Part of this rippage in gold is technical but there's more to this than meets the eye. As Bill S. Preston would say, "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K."
- I have zero doubt in my mind that karma exists.
- The response to the Gallery for the Arts has been outstanding and the limited edition prints are moving! Remember, 10% of the proceeds (on those) will be donated to The Ruby Peck Foundation for Children's Education.
- After a couple of days of underperformance, the brokers act dry today.
- The VIX is starting to trade through the 200-day moving average (to the downside). If it "breaks," it would be considered bullish.
- Penny Marshall has really made a name for herself. Where the heck is Shirley?
- The "locals" got caught short on the previous dip and they've been covering into this light volume lift.
- There's a huge difference between having fun and being happy. This former is much easier than the latter.
- These are HUGE levels for the S&P. Has it sunk in yet?
- Yes, Boo is a little nervous here but I think that's much better than him being complacent.
- Toe pick!
- When there's nothing going on, it's "edgeless." When there's a lot going on, we say that "there's a lot of balls in the air." When is it easy?
- Rosa Mexicano is the best Mexican in the city and their pomegranate margaritas are killer!
- Do I think the housing market is a bubble? Well, I rent an apartment and actions speak louder than words.
- Please stop telling Daisy she looks like J-Lo...she's her own, er, cow.
- In response to the readership's questions, I suppose it IS possible that I heard a Cassidy and don't remember. Shocker!
- I love my critters and I believe in my heart that they're going to help a lot of people-young and old-before they hang 'em up.
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter