By Todd Harrison Dec 11, 2003 11:38 am
Who's your daddy?
- Hello darkness my old friend. The Dow 10,000 hat rack is starting to empty.
- Talk about headline risk!
- The breadth is better than 2:1 positive and the leadership is (thus far) there. With that said, these are levels (S&P 1070-75, NDX 1406 (50-day), Dow 10k) that have been problematic in the past.
- Wanna ski Mt. Burke? Minyan Dave Gwatkin will offer anyone that shows up in a Minyanville t-shirt $10 off a weekend/holiday lift ticket. Burke Mountain will then match that $10 with a $10 donation to the Ruby Peck Foundation for Children's Education. Very cool!
- I got stopped out on some of my tertiary energy exposure this morning. Pure trade from last week.
- Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually had to s-l-o-w film down so you could see his moves.
- The networkers trade lethargic on the heels of Ciena (CIEN:NASD).
- You da man Berko.
- Today is "rollover" in the futures. March becomes the front month.
- Beeks gets busy tomorrow morning with the pee pee eye (exp. 1%, ex-food and energy nil), trade balance (exp. -41.8B) and the Wolverine confidence (exp. 96).
- I will be off tomorrow. The talented Mr. Brodsky will be penning the trading diary. You go girl.
- IBM (IBM:NYSE) has filled the gap.
- When is the last time you smiled so hard that your face hurt?
- I ran into Bill Walton last night and we chatted up the Dead.
- Discipline over conviction.
- The first CD pressed in the US was Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the USA."
- I met a Minyan and Fokker was his name. Since he's met me, he's never been the same...
- HEY YOU! Don't look back--focus on the road ahead.
- Home builders got crunched. Mortgage lenders were hammered. How shorted is the F-troop? Yeesh!
- I can almost see Phoebe getting fatter.
- The longer we go without a meaningful correction, the more meaningful the correction will be.
- Someone just bought 25,000 QQQ December 34 puts. Duke & Duke booked the commission.
- The Pamela Anderson tape (use your imagination).
- Alright, gotta do it. Minyan poll--and a redeux at the request of big Aaron: Who are the top five guitar players of all-time? Mail your responses to Fokker@Minyanville.com (in no particular order) and we'll tally up the strummers.
- Minyan Neal is getting psyched...but there's still time left to bid!
Position in qqq, ibm, fnm
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter