Who's your daddy?
- Hello darkness my old friend. The Dow 10,000 hat rack is starting to empty.
- Talk about headline risk!
- The breadth is better than 2:1 positive and the leadership is (thus far) there. With that said, these are levels (S&P 1070-75, NDX 1406 (50-day), Dow 10k) that have been problematic in the past.
- Wanna ski Mt. Burke? Minyan Dave Gwatkin will offer anyone that shows up in a Minyanville t-shirt $10 off a weekend/holiday lift ticket. Burke Mountain will then match that $10 with a $10 donation to the Ruby Peck Foundation for Children's Education. Very cool!
- I got stopped out on some of my tertiary energy exposure this morning. Pure trade from last week.
- Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually had to s-l-o-w film down so you could see his moves.
- The networkers trade lethargic on the heels of Ciena (CIEN:NASD).
- You da man Berko.
- Today is "rollover" in the futures. March becomes the front month.
- Beeks gets busy tomorrow morning with the pee pee eye (exp. 1%, ex-food and energy nil), trade balance (exp. -41.8B) and the Wolverine confidence (exp. 96).
- I will be off tomorrow. The talented Mr. Brodsky will be penning the trading diary. You go girl.
- IBM (IBM:NYSE) has filled the gap.
- When is the last time you smiled so hard that your face hurt?
- I ran into Bill Walton last night and we chatted up the Dead.
- Discipline over conviction.
- The first CD pressed in the US was Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the USA."
- I met a Minyan and Fokker was his name. Since he's met me, he's never been the same...
- HEY YOU! Don't look back--focus on the road ahead.
- Home builders got crunched. Mortgage lenders were hammered. How shorted is the F-troop? Yeesh!
- I can almost see Phoebe getting fatter.
- The longer we go without a meaningful correction, the more meaningful the correction will be.
- Someone just bought 25,000 QQQ December 34 puts. Duke & Duke booked the commission.
- The Pamela Anderson tape (use your imagination).
- Alright, gotta do it. Minyan poll--and a redeux at the request of big Aaron: Who are the top five guitar players of all-time? Mail your responses to Fokker@Minyanville.com (in no particular order) and we'll tally up the strummers.
- Minyan Neal is getting psyched...but there's still time left to bid!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter