The oldest adage on Wall Street--never short a dull tape!
- We're all over these conferences-ain't got nuttin, honey.
- It's impossible to go to Scalinatella and not eat too much.
- Bucky isn't 'biting' on the hot apps that are sitting between us as he's trying to prove a point.
- Eric Lindross could have been an all-time great.
- The internals are still negative in the N's and only marginally better in the S's.
- Shun Lee beats Mr. Chows. No contest.
- My sister got lucky, married a yuppie, took him for all he was worth...
- Martin is going to Boston this weekend to visit Katie-but word has it he's sleeping on the floor.
- Patience is just another form of discipline. If my big picture thoughts are accurate, there will be days that don't offer an advantageous risk/reward with which to trade.
- I stopped playing index add/deletes a long time ago. It's my belief that so many people try to game them, there's no edge whatsoever.
- I am an I.T idiot. Forget computers-I can't even program my V.C.R!
- My perfect dinner would include peas and sweet potato fries.
- I continue to hear nasty stories from my buddies who work at the brokers. I understand the whole Darwin argument (and the weeding out process), but it's still a sad state of affairs. These are people with families.
- The flows today are being dominated by hedge funds. Hot potato!
- Where would Joe Pesci be without gangster films?
- The tape continues to work off the oversold condition-it's too early to call the "turn" in my humble opinion.
- It was much more fun when I used to be bullish-way back when. Then again, everybody was having fun when the market was on a moon shot.
- I don't have the stamina I used to have. I suppose getting up by 5am for 12 years straight will do that to you.
- The retail sector continues to act heavy.
- Crude has been creeping higher the last few sessions.
- I actually remember when they installed the first A.T.M machine in my home town. How can I recall that and still not remember anybody's name?
- Does Art Garfunkel have a complex?
- I wonder if my cats would love me as much if I wasn't the one to feed them every day.
- My grandfather Ruby taught me that all you have is your word and your name.
- How do you start building a tunnel?
- Boredom leads to overtrading and overtrading is seldom profitable.
- There he goes...the fastest hand on Wall Street. Go Bucky Go!
- If your selling when they're buying, you'll be laughing when they're crying. If you're buying when they're selling, a cardboard box will be your dwelling.
- Happy Birthday J-Dog!
- Hey Shrubby--you still at work?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter