By Todd Harrison Dec 11, 2002 12:50 pm
The oldest adage on Wall Street--never short a dull tape!
- We're all over these conferences-ain't got nuttin, honey.
- It's impossible to go to Scalinatella and not eat too much.
- Bucky isn't 'biting' on the hot apps that are sitting between us as he's trying to prove a point.
- Eric Lindross could have been an all-time great.
- The internals are still negative in the N's and only marginally better in the S's.
- Shun Lee beats Mr. Chows. No contest.
- My sister got lucky, married a yuppie, took him for all he was worth...
- Martin is going to Boston this weekend to visit Katie-but word has it he's sleeping on the floor.
- Patience is just another form of discipline. If my big picture thoughts are accurate, there will be days that don't offer an advantageous risk/reward with which to trade.
- I stopped playing index add/deletes a long time ago. It's my belief that so many people try to game them, there's no edge whatsoever.
- I am an I.T idiot. Forget computers-I can't even program my V.C.R!
- My perfect dinner would include peas and sweet potato fries.
- I continue to hear nasty stories from my buddies who work at the brokers. I understand the whole Darwin argument (and the weeding out process), but it's still a sad state of affairs. These are people with families.
- The flows today are being dominated by hedge funds. Hot potato!
- Where would Joe Pesci be without gangster films?
- The tape continues to work off the oversold condition-it's too early to call the "turn" in my humble opinion.
- It was much more fun when I used to be bullish-way back when. Then again, everybody was having fun when the market was on a moon shot.
- I don't have the stamina I used to have. I suppose getting up by 5am for 12 years straight will do that to you.
- The retail sector continues to act heavy.
- Crude has been creeping higher the last few sessions.
- I actually remember when they installed the first A.T.M machine in my home town. How can I recall that and still not remember anybody's name?
- Does Art Garfunkel have a complex?
- I wonder if my cats would love me as much if I wasn't the one to feed them every day.
- My grandfather Ruby taught me that all you have is your word and your name.
- How do you start building a tunnel?
- Boredom leads to overtrading and overtrading is seldom profitable.
- There he goes...the fastest hand on Wall Street. Go Bucky Go!
- If your selling when they're buying, you'll be laughing when they're crying. If you're buying when they're selling, a cardboard box will be your dwelling.
- Happy Birthday J-Dog!
- Hey Shrubby--you still at work?
positions in qqq, spy
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter