Randoms for the Freak
By Todd Harrison Dec 10, 2004 8:55 am
End the week with some jingle in your jeans!
- Define "spin"?
- Uber-Minyan Neal Greenberg starts the freak atop the December 22 Minyanville fete leader board! If he stays there, he'll join Succo, Reamer, Santoli, Snoop Tone, Mr. Erlanger, Gula, Collins, Macke, Weldon, Bernie, Fokker and myself (among others) for a heckuva fun night of Minyan margarita magic! The Ruby Peck Foundation for Children's Education--and the kids they help--are very excited to see him!
- Honorary Minyan.
- When is the last time you smiled so hard that your face hurt?
- Yesterday's intraday (upside) reversal was a function of a seed of squeezage (Nat'l Semi) and the deeds of alligators.
- It was the Utes, it was the Utes....
- The Junk Yard Call!
- The dollar index is up a full percent this morning as the counter-trend mend tries to find footing. Gold, which hung tough yesterday after Wednesday's knock-out, is drifting lower and nearing the $430 support we've been discussing. White lightning, for its part and after gettin' clipped for 20% of late, is up a percent after bouncing off the 200-day moving average.
- Yes, Meehan, I am talking to you!
- Your Delta Tau Chi pledge name is The Iron Horse.
- Frances Lea Shaw, 41, was charged with arson of her home in Greensburg, PA after police and firefighters discovered that her most valuable household items (clothes, TV set, microwave oven) had already been placed in the yard under a heavy tarp by the time they arrived at her burning home. (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)
- Russian Roulette .
- Beeks dropped by for breakfast and to deliver the PPI (.5% vs. expectations of .1%). If you take out food and energy, the reading (.2%) nailed expectations. If you take out health care, education, consumer goods, stocking stuffers, gifts for friends, cat food, clothes, shoes, vacations, smiles, sporting events and shoelaces, the number actually beat by a little.
- The Oakland Spoilers?
- My baby don't mess around because she loves me so and this I know fa sho...
- Helicopter manual!
- Rotation, rotation, rotation! That's been the theme and it's stemmin' the migration.
- Collins noted the housing acne (HGX) yesterday.
- I think I've gotta find some down time this weekend and watch Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
- The piggy wedge continues (lower highs above BKX 100). These patterns typically "break" in the direction of the previous trend (higher) and, as such, BKX 100 becomes a level to monitor regardless of which vehicle you're trading.
- The WSJ (C-section) has an article discussing the "gift probe" between buy side and sell side firms. I expect these types of relationships to get MUCH louder in the future.
- S&P 1197 is the post-Intel (INTC:NASD) pre-opening high for the year.
- Good luck today
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter