Maybe Chambo can help my cause!
- "Securities pricing is, in every sense a psychological phenomenon that arises from the interaction of human beings with fear. Why not greed and fear as the equation is usually stated? Because greed is simply fear of not having enough." -John Bollinger
- Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out during World War II were made of wood.
- Do people watch technical analysis because it works or does it work because people watch it?
- My rolled up "stops" got elected faster than Ah-nold and, under S&P 1060ish, I may try the same trade the other way.
- I can't stress it enough. Watch the rate-sensitive issues as a "rate debate" proxy.
- I'm fatter, er, flattered.
- Intel (INTC:NASD) is the single biggest tech tell right now.
- I hate spam...but I gotta admit, it's kinda funny when Boo gets the penis enlargement junk mail. How did they know?
- Chambo (CSCO:NASD) is on the tape saying that business confidence is improving. Has he ever 'not' been bullish? Regardless, watch Cisco as a tell here.
- Breadth--which failed to confirm this morning--is now 3:2 negative on the big board and 2:1 negative for the four letter freaks.
- I, for one, am a big Becky Quick fan.
- Beeks gets his groove on tomorrow. Look for retail sales (exp. .7%), initial jobless claims (exp. 359k), continuing claims (exp. 3399k) and business inventories (exp. .2%).
- The number of possible ways of playing the first four moves per side in a game of chess is 318,979,564,000.
- Autozone (AZO:NYSE) was featured on a "technical best page" at a well respected service a few days ago. This is a case in point on how technicals are only one of the primary trading metrics (and can't be deferred to).
- I think I gots the black lung, pa!
- I will be out Friday. Professor Brodsky will have the con.
- Keep an eye on the biotechs as a peripheral tech tell.
- How can you not be happy for the Bengals? (Unless you live in Baltimore)
- The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin in World War II killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
- There is filling a gap in the NDX (November 21st) that works down to 1373.
- Semis vs. Banks.
- The charity auction continues!
To bid on this item, click here!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter