Hey Toddo--does your therapist charge you group rates?
- Ricky Williams-meet John Parella and Sam Adams.
- The retailers continue to act heavy.
- The Raiders are 5-1with Charles Woodson in the lineup and 2-3 without him.
- If Hoofy finds his mojo, the tape can conceivably rally to S&P 930-but I think that's a monster fade (read: sale). First things first, watch S&P 900 and NDX 1050.
- My sense is that last week's meltage shifted the tide and a psychological sea change occurred (sell rallies vs. buy dips).
- If you've never been to Serendipity and ordered a frozen hot chocolate, you're missing out on one of life's greatest pleasures.
- The FTSE is down 10 points (thus far). Remember, this is day 8!
- I think that, in real life, Kato could kick Inspector Clouseau's ass.
- The holiday candy continues to roll in and I've attached a feedbag of See's chocolates to Monsieur Buck.
- The CYC (Morgan Stanley cyclical index) is down today. Hmm...
- Media acts heavy too.
- Right now, there are people all over the planet enjoying life-laughing at a French café, hiking through a lush forest, sitting on a sandy beach-and we're staring at a computer. Why do I say this? Because when we power down tonight, we have a lot of making up to do.
- Would you really be THAT shocked if the S&P is at 300 in 7 years?
- That said, if we close the year heavy (Razor Burn), an "up" '03 wouldn't shock me.
- I'm going to the Tom Petty concert with my brother on Friday night and while I'm excited about the music, I'm more juiced to spend some time with Adam and watch him smile.
- I've never tired of Corona's with lime. Weird.
- The internals are slowly grinding better but I'm not thrilled with them.
- The macro flow has been skewed to the buy side today...and it's picked up in pace the last half hour or so.
- The cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon, little boy blue and the man on the moon.
- Gotta think "they" fail at NDX 1050 the first time.
- I think Daisy is a helluva lot sexier than Jessica Wabbit.
- The home builders don't have it today.
- I loved Duran Duran as a kid.
- Slipping another leg into my metaphorical bear costume, makes 50% conviction on the short side.
- I hope this finds you well.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter