There's at least ONE gorilla who doesn't believe the hype!
- Why do they say that rainy weather is for the birds? Birds don't like rain.
- Has anyone drawn the parallel between the auto industry and the airline industry? Give it time...
- The combination of crude spillage (-4%), leadership (SOX +3%, XBD +1.7%), breadth (2:1 positive) and sentiment (seasonality) are offering Hoofy a window to spring and fling.
- I wonder if they passed out tacos?
- ". . . the Bush administration's effective green light to a softer USD has given the gold price the freedom to rise."
- How can Pedro NOT sign with the Mets now?
- The other side of confidence is complacency. The volatility measures (VXO, QQV, VXN) are dripping towards hat sizes.
- "If the rate of credit increase rises above the rate of business growth, we have a condition of inflation which manifests itself in rising prices, overconfidence and excessive speculation." - Benjamin Anderson, Economist-National City Bank (renamed Citicorp in 1974), April 18, 1929
- What's another word for synonym?
- Remember when we used to trade for multi-point moves intraday? Those opportunities are still around but in select sectors only.
- How can you blacklist a booty call?
- Can't you just see Elmer the pied piper playin' the fiddle?
- As per yesterday's opener, the debate continues to rage on the 'flation stage.
- The nets are noticeably absent from today's gigglefest. Yes, they've already ran for the roses but the beta chasers gotta be a bit concerned. Remember, these names led the tape on the upside....
- Minyan Press!
- General Mustard!
- I've heard of gold fingers but this is nutty...
- Newmont's (NEM:NYSE) font!
- Is this the same forest in which the alleged tree fell?
- Oh baby?
- Cactus Call!
- We've seen a steady seller of S&P futures into this lift. Up to 3500 thus far and it's still going....
- Flashback! Did I ever tell you about when Meehan led off the Crested Butte softball game, whiffed....and then face planted in the mud?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter