By Todd Harrison Dec 01, 2003 11:44 am
Just another day at the office!
- Gold stocks, after a strong opening, reversed hard to the south side. Gold, the commodity, remains flattish and flirty with $400.
- The news is always best at a market top and worst at a market bottom.
- Mind the gap below S&P 1063.
- It ain't cool being no jive turkey so close to Thanksgiving.
- Flow's Diner: I just saw 500,000 hit the tape on the buy side.
- Is this the "pop and drop" that I spoke of last week? Quite possibly--but that doesn't necessarily mean it's today's business. So you know, I'm eyeing S&P 1067-1075 on the upside and (a close below) S&P 1060 on the south side.
- Breadth remains minty fresh as there are better than two winners for every loser.
- What are cranberries gonna do for the next 360 days?
- I would have swallowed the Raiders miserable season a bit easier if only we beat the donkeys.
- Amazon (AMZN:NASD) is trading with the retailers (rather than the internets).
- The dollar index (DXY) is back above 90 (after trading with an eight handle this morning). My biggest fear for Boo is that a strong "counter-trend" rally spurs the greenback.
- In 2000, I opined that the entire dynamic of Wall Street would become a long, hard road. As it stands, I still believe we're in the early innings of that process. I certainly hope I'm wrong but, if I'm not, trading talk and market banter will illicit dirty looks at dinner parties before it's all over.
- Can the Minx keep going? She can do whatever she wants---she's the Minx! That's why it's so important to incorporate the right discipline into any trading approach.
- The weather forecast called for snow in Minyanville today but, thus far, the skies are clear.
- I think volatility measures are approaching 'once in a lifetime' levels.
- Discipline over conviction.
- Bonds are gettin' thumped.
- I'm being told that there's a new online dating service floating around Minyanville. It's called CDate.
- As past resistance equals future support, there are prolly a ton of "sell stops" set below S&P 1060.
- I'm happy to report that Bruiser and Slurpee are alive and well.
- Trading "not to lose" is the quickest way to lose money.
- John Belushi, John Candy, Chris Farley....what a shame.
- Europe is up between 1-2%. Blimy!
- The longer the Minx sits up here (with good breadth), the better the "odds" that she closes strong.
- I could feel myself getting fatter this past weekend. This is a tough stretch for diets.
- And so it goes...
position in spx
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter