By Todd Harrison Nov 07, 2003 12:33 pm
I could swear that the clock is moving in reverse...
- Do you really think Barbara Hershey woulda fallen for Gene Hackman in Hoosiers?
- Did anybody catch Pete Stark's interview on CNBC this morning? Wow...how do you really feel, Pete?
- Yes, AMG would have had positive inflows if it wasn't for Putnam. And the Yankee's woulda won the world series if it wasn't for the Marlins.
- I've gotten a LOT of emails from Minyans asking about the Tom DeMark chat. I want to be careful not to misquote him--and I think Scotto did a good job summarizing his thoughts (for the record, so did Tom). If I'm reading him correctly, he's of the opinion (this is NOT advice) that the Minx might tickle the Globex high at a point (not guaranteed) and S&P 1054.20 is important support. As it stands, the "set up" is currently signaling the potential for a major top.
- Michael Santoli would make a fantastic London Fog catalog model.
- That's some nifty reverse dandruff on gold.
- Man, talk about an anticlimactic day! (so far)
- The world's longest-named lake has 45 letters: Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg. It is in Massachusetts and means "You fish on your side, I fish on mine, nobody fishes in the middle".
- Oh yeah, the Raiders are playing this weekend. :-(
- Breadth continues to hang tough.
- Anybody can be your friend when things are going great.
- Franklin Raines.
- Fokker and I chased some geese last night and during the hunt, he told me that he misses the way I used to tool on him in the column. Big mistake kid. Huge.
- The mortgage lenders are starting to unwind some of their hefty gains (prospect of higher rates). Ditto for the homies.
- Ya think Tony is in his Jacuzzi right now? I know...bad visual!
- Congrats to Steven Starker and the rest of his Bass Trading team! I'm not sure if there's a nicer guy in the business.
- The brokers act great in the face of rates.
- I miss the stories my grandfather used to tell.
- Volatility is still uber-cheap and I think it should be taken advantage of. There are many ways to do this but stock replacements and protective puts are the most common strategies.
- Citigroup (C:NYSE) is underperforming its peers due to the LOW LEVEL chatter that they're gonna make an acquisition. This is obviously unconfirmed (and I'm involved in the name) but I wanted to letcha know.
- I think I'm gonna do the Friday night faceplant with Nemo later on.
- The stochastics on the semis are flat-lining across the top of my screen. The stochastics on the drug index are flat-lining across the bottom of my screen. I smell a rotation coming.
- Hoofy won't break a sweat until the third dip doesn't hold and he's forced to think of locking in gains for the first time this year.
- Peanut butter jelly time!
- If there wasn't risk, it would be called winning, not trading.
- The teletubbies are already breaking out the Dow 10,000 hats.
position in c
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter