By Todd Harrison Nov 05, 2003 12:50 pm
S&P 1068 is over 20 handles away...
- Are campers really happy?
- Despite the relative stabilization, the breadth is still 3:2 negative.
- NDX 1410 is multiple bottom support (since October 29th).
- Loud chewing is a pet peeve of mine.
- The homebuilders are on a race to par (100).
- If you haven't read Scotto's morning piece, please do so at your earliest convenience.
- When is the last time you went bowling?
- In a different psychological state, these mutual fund investigations would be pounding the tape.
- "They were surprisingly comfortable. They keep me warm. But they reveal everything so you have to watch a lot of stuff. But there were no mishaps that I know of." -- WILL FERRELL on the yellow tights he wears to portray the title character in "Elf," quoted in USA Today.
- Tomorrow is fairly quiet on the catalyst front. It will likely be dictated by the Cisco (CSCO:NASD) reaction and the pre-Beeks posturing.
- When will zero percent financing come back to haunt the autos?
- Minyan John Roque of Natexis Bleichroeder had an excellent analysis of Intel (INTC:NASD) in his morning missive.
- "How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it." - Marcus Aurelius
- Carmello vs. LeBron tonight.
- I've heard whispers from every direction on Cisco's earnings. By the way, I forgot to tell you that somebody bought 60,000 of the November 20 puts yesterday (most likely a hedge). While that may provide a magnet for a potential pin, it'll be surprising to see the stock break that level given the amount of outstanding open interest.
- Insider selling vs. buying in October was a record 59-1. Yikes.
- When will the consumer over cyclical trade kick in?
- Is the "FALSE BREAKOUT! FALSE BREAKOUT!" chant premature?
- Daisy in body paint?
- The average life expectancy of someone diagnosed with cancer is longer than that of a trader.
- Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE) stochastics are quickly racing towards oversold.
- Europe is red but steady.
- Diggin Minyanville? Tell a friend!
- Is anybody else watching the Caterpillar (CAT:NYSE) tug-o-war at the gap?
- If Scotto's analysis is correct, the tape should remain firm and spike higher after Friday's report (providing the fade opportunity).
- Someone just bought 750,000 SPY (I think it's a long purchase).
- Warren Sapp: Sumo Wrestler.
- Newmont Mining (NEM:NYSE) is thus far digesting the secondary offering.
- Who had Colecovision?
- Bikini? Small. Heels? Tall. She said, she liked, the ocean.
position in qqq, csco,fnm
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter