"Say.... um... Todd.... where did you leave the key to the liquor cabinet, just in case there's an emergency?
- Don't fight the Fed.
- The trend is your friend.
- To the Mighty Succo re: the Dolla... you "pegged" 105 and 100 as big Yen levels to fear... at what, if any, point would the currency-heads regard the Euro's rip vs. $ too much of a good thing?
- Man... my Kerry call was simply as bad as it gets.
- With all due respect to Hoofy... that leather works for me in a meaningful way.
- The Talented Mr. Collins just took a break from his "Daddy's Out of Town" critter-kegger w/ a dejected Boo and a couple hormonally amped bovine ("How's the peepin', Tom?") to offer that if payrolls hit, performance-anxiety could really set in to light this rocket some more.
- Then again...
- The sharpest rallies take place in bear markets.
- Don't fight the tape.
- In response to the emails.... nope, my chart Doctor (doctor) did not, in fact, nail the bottom.
- He did, however, get all wicked bullish n' stuff at 1120.
- And I gotta tell you, I'm really, REALLY not seeing what folks could be getting excited about from a fundamental perspective. I'm thus all ears on technicals, goat entrails, astrology or anything else you got to offer by way of explanation.
- Beyond the obvious ("underperformance fear, gotta put the cash somewhere... et al"). Those I've got.
- "When reached for comment, a company spokesperson offered, 'As long as it's still 5% real fruit we simply don't see the problem.'"
- When I just read Random Thoughts, as opposed to wrenching them out of my head as I am now, I always wondered if Todd-O thought of Hank Kingsley's newsletter while doing these (If you don't know what I'm talking about... that's probably for the best).
- Overbought markets can stay overbought longer than most anyone thinks.
- The SPX high of the year remains 1163.23 on March 5.
- As of 15:44, anyway.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter