By Todd Harrison Nov 30, 2004 11:44 am
Does this qualify as a dull tape?
- Dents, Herbs and Roaches.
- "It seems like investing in real estate is a wiser decision than putting [the money] into a stock market or savings account or savings bonds," says Kelly McDonnell, a recruiter for an educational testing company in Amherst, Mass. Ms. McDonnell is currently shopping for a two-family duplex she can rent out and then, she hopes, sell for a profit in a few years. - Wall Street Journal, November 30, 2004
- Wanna give the gift that keeps on giving? Snag a Minyanville E-Gift subscription for your friends and colleagues. It's a snazzy lil' gesture and the critters will make you look like a hero!
- The Tuesday tussle is thus far muffled as traders weigh considerable crosscurrents. I've been eyeing the NYSE breadth (9:5 negative), crude (tricklin' back towards the flat line), the NDX trendline (bending, not breaking) and our sector tells (brokers, retail, semis).
- What goes around, comes around.
- Born to be Cassidy.
- It's not a problem...unless a cold front moves in!
- Boredom is not an actionable catalyst.
- Both Collins and my brother keep telling me to fear the turtle. I've told them to raise their hoops terror alert to Orange.
- "In January of 2000 a former colleague walked into my office proclaiming that higher rates didn't matter because technology companies didn't carry much debt in their capital structure, and in the same breath proclaimed the NASDAQ would reach 12,000. NASDAQ 12,000 sounded more plausible at the time than the reasoning behind the move, but excusing the boom bust cycle is an unacceptable offense carrying a stiff sentence in the history of Wall Street." -Jeff DeGraaf.
- Pouches--not wallets--are the hot ticket item for the Chinese new year.
- The path of maximum frustration seems set for fixed income.
- Did you know that you can alter the size of your Minyan font? (it's at the bottom of the page)
- Hoofy can stop looking for Daisy's stocking stuffer!
- The T-Nuts (TravelZoo (TZOO:NASD) and Taser (TASR:NASD) have some guts today. They're my modern day Iomega and Presstek.
- This is one of the funniest things I've ever seen although I'm surprised Michael Powell didn't pull it from the "Family Channel."
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter