Does this qualify as a dull tape?
- Dents, Herbs and Roaches.
- "It seems like investing in real estate is a wiser decision than putting [the money] into a stock market or savings account or savings bonds," says Kelly McDonnell, a recruiter for an educational testing company in Amherst, Mass. Ms. McDonnell is currently shopping for a two-family duplex she can rent out and then, she hopes, sell for a profit in a few years. - Wall Street Journal, November 30, 2004
- Wanna give the gift that keeps on giving? Snag a Minyanville E-Gift subscription for your friends and colleagues. It's a snazzy lil' gesture and the critters will make you look like a hero!
- The Tuesday tussle is thus far muffled as traders weigh considerable crosscurrents. I've been eyeing the NYSE breadth (9:5 negative), crude (tricklin' back towards the flat line), the NDX trendline (bending, not breaking) and our sector tells (brokers, retail, semis).
- What goes around, comes around.
- Born to be Cassidy.
- It's not a problem...unless a cold front moves in!
- Boredom is not an actionable catalyst.
- Both Collins and my brother keep telling me to fear the turtle. I've told them to raise their hoops terror alert to Orange.
- "In January of 2000 a former colleague walked into my office proclaiming that higher rates didn't matter because technology companies didn't carry much debt in their capital structure, and in the same breath proclaimed the NASDAQ would reach 12,000. NASDAQ 12,000 sounded more plausible at the time than the reasoning behind the move, but excusing the boom bust cycle is an unacceptable offense carrying a stiff sentence in the history of Wall Street." -Jeff DeGraaf.
- Pouches--not wallets--are the hot ticket item for the Chinese new year.
- The path of maximum frustration seems set for fixed income.
- Did you know that you can alter the size of your Minyan font? (it's at the bottom of the page)
- Hoofy can stop looking for Daisy's stocking stuffer!
- The T-Nuts (TravelZoo (TZOO:NASD) and Taser (TASR:NASD) have some guts today. They're my modern day Iomega and Presstek.
- This is one of the funniest things I've ever seen although I'm surprised Michael Powell didn't pull it from the "Family Channel."
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter