By Todd Harrison Nov 29, 2004 12:01 pm
Turnabout is fair play!
- "This is clearly a market supported by speculative merit, not investment merit." -John Hussman of the Hussman funds.
- "Whomsoever controls the volume of money in any country is 'absolute master' of all industry and commerce and when you realize that the entire system is very controlled, one way or another, by a few powerful men at the top, you will not have to be told how periods of inflation and depression originate." - Late US President James Garfield (1831-1881).
- Now I know why Collins, Fokker and Meehan were auditioning for the dwarf roles!
- Chinese food for thought!
- The financials and retailers were the crimson flies in this morning's upside ointment.
- At a Culpeper, VA conference of people obsessed with spotting Bigfoot -- which is said to be roaming the woods of America -- attendees belonging to the "East Coast Bigfoot community" were miffed by the "West Coast Bigfoot community's" supposed arrogance. The Westerners seem to regard Eastern witnesses as delusional nuts -- since (according to the West Coast group) Bigfoot obviously lives west of the Rockies. (Washington Post)
- Yukos, Yukos, Yukos, Yukos....shuddup!
- Fixed income is getting punished. Hoofy will argue that higher rates are a function of a stronger economy while Boo will spew that it's the next intuitive domino following the dollar.
- That's Gross!
- The Raiders and Orange have had horrible football seasons but both stepped up to knock a rival out of the postseason hunt. Noice.
- Mack the Knife and the Washington life?
- Now, if we can only figure out why black cats are bad luck!
- Crude, which was up a percent and testing $50/brl this morning, has migrated back to flat.
- Duuuuuude--The Big Lebowski is a holiday rental that shouldn't be missed.
- One of Boo's close friends finally hit pay dirt.
- On the bright side, folks will have more time to spend with their families!
- "Just because "you should have" played the current rally more aggressively, we've learned the hard way not to compound the error by becoming a big buyer of stocks on day 24 (of the "day count" sequence). Indeed, by our pencil this is the first week where the sellers may have a decent chance to get something going." -Uber-Minyan Jeff Saut of Raymond James.
- The trendlines in place since late October have officially been broken in both the S's and N's.
- Note the carnage in the homebuilder space.
- Thomas Patrick Remo, 50, was arrested in Dallas and charged with practicing medicine (gynecology) without a license. Remo had a stream of female customers who apparently did not think it odd that the exams were free and that he ran his office out of a self-storage locker. (Houston Chronicle)
- All Minyanville merchandise is now under lock and key!
- S&P 1168--and then S&P 1162-are the next areas of support to monitor.
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter