Turnabout is fair play!
- "This is clearly a market supported by speculative merit, not investment merit." -John Hussman of the Hussman funds.
- "Whomsoever controls the volume of money in any country is 'absolute master' of all industry and commerce and when you realize that the entire system is very controlled, one way or another, by a few powerful men at the top, you will not have to be told how periods of inflation and depression originate." - Late US President James Garfield (1831-1881).
- Now I know why Collins, Fokker and Meehan were auditioning for the dwarf roles!
- Chinese food for thought!
- The financials and retailers were the crimson flies in this morning's upside ointment.
- At a Culpeper, VA conference of people obsessed with spotting Bigfoot -- which is said to be roaming the woods of America -- attendees belonging to the "East Coast Bigfoot community" were miffed by the "West Coast Bigfoot community's" supposed arrogance. The Westerners seem to regard Eastern witnesses as delusional nuts -- since (according to the West Coast group) Bigfoot obviously lives west of the Rockies. (Washington Post)
- Yukos, Yukos, Yukos, Yukos....shuddup!
- Fixed income is getting punished. Hoofy will argue that higher rates are a function of a stronger economy while Boo will spew that it's the next intuitive domino following the dollar.
- That's Gross!
- The Raiders and Orange have had horrible football seasons but both stepped up to knock a rival out of the postseason hunt. Noice.
- Mack the Knife and the Washington life?
- Now, if we can only figure out why black cats are bad luck!
- Crude, which was up a percent and testing $50/brl this morning, has migrated back to flat.
- Duuuuuude--The Big Lebowski is a holiday rental that shouldn't be missed.
- One of Boo's close friends finally hit pay dirt.
- On the bright side, folks will have more time to spend with their families!
- "Just because "you should have" played the current rally more aggressively, we've learned the hard way not to compound the error by becoming a big buyer of stocks on day 24 (of the "day count" sequence). Indeed, by our pencil this is the first week where the sellers may have a decent chance to get something going." -Uber-Minyan Jeff Saut of Raymond James.
- The trendlines in place since late October have officially been broken in both the S's and N's.
- Note the carnage in the homebuilder space.
- Thomas Patrick Remo, 50, was arrested in Dallas and charged with practicing medicine (gynecology) without a license. Remo had a stream of female customers who apparently did not think it odd that the exams were free and that he ran his office out of a self-storage locker. (Houston Chronicle)
- All Minyanville merchandise is now under lock and key!
- S&P 1168--and then S&P 1162-are the next areas of support to monitor.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter