- I'm thankful for my brother Adam, sister-in-law Faith and my pride and joy, Maia and Bradley.
- I'm thankful for my mother and grandmother's health.
- I'm thankful for the incredibly talented Professors who tirelessly give to Minyanville.
- I'm thankful for my Wednesday night Succofests.
- I'm thankful for Scotto's family.
- I'm thankful that the Iron Horse is a great mind but a better man.
- I'm thankful that Tony Dwyer and Kevin Depew are still part of the Minyanville family.
- I'm thankful for Jason Goepfert's unique perspective.
- I'm thankful for Fleck's friendship.
- I'm thankful for Laurie McGuirk's quirks.
- I'm thankful for Kevin Tuttle's smile.
- I'm thankful for Susan Wein's prose.
- I'm thankful for David Miller's dedication.
- I'm thankful for Greg Weldon's contributions.
- I'm thankful for Rich Gula's wisdom.
- I'm thankful for Bernie Schaeffer's expertise.
- I'm thankful for Jeff Macke's snarky style.
- I'm thankful for Phil Erlanger's trust.
- I'm thankful that Minyans dare to dream and support our vision.
- I'm thankful that my grandfather still lives each day with me.
- I'm thankful for the generous donations to the Ruby Peck Foundation for Children's Education.
- I'm thankful for Casey, Judith, Len, Allan, Collins, Fokker and Billy Meehan for all the behind the scenes efforts.
- I'm thankful that Kevin not only "sees" it, he wants to lead it.
- I'm thankful that I got to know Bill Meehan and that I still remember his infectious laugh.
- I'm thankful for that my friends accept me for who I am.
- I'm thankful for Phoebe and Zoe.
- I'm thankful that I am able to "do something Joel" each day.
- I'm thankful that I live in America.
- I'm thankful that I have Hoofy, Boo, Daisy, Snapper and Sammy to keep me company.
- I'm thankful for the opportunity to talk to you daily.
- I'm thankful that I've learned to appreciate the little things in life.
- I'm thankful that I've realized that the purpose fo the journey is the journey itself.
- I'm thankful that September 11th, 2001 instilled a perspective in me that lasts to this day.
- I'm thankful for Crested Butte and the memories shared in the mountains.
- I'm thankful that Minyanville allows others to make more informed decisions.
- I'm thankful that my worst days will lead to better tomorrows.
- And I'm thankful for all of the things that I once took for granted. That, despite my latent hypocrisy of living to work rather than working to live, I'm able to recognize that I've still got a lot to learn.
It's ironic that it typically takes something bad to make us appreciate the good. And when we're surrounded by the good, it's often forgotten in the quest for a better tomorrow. When we're able to "be" rather than "want," a calming clarity evolves. That's what leads to true balance and that, my friends, is what we all must strive for.
Have a fantastic weekend Minyans and I'll speak to you on Monday!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter