From our family to yours, have a happy holiday!
Goin home, goin home
By the waterside I will rest my bones
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
To rock my soul
The afternoon glide continues to ride and the Minx is creepin' while ya sleepin'. If the oldest trading adage is never to short a dull tape, it's worth noting that this tape is duller than a blind date with a deaf mute. Of course, if there are any Minyans that fit that description, I'm just trying to make a point. It's so quiet, you can almost hear Fokker's bonus drop.
Edging towards the bell, the obvious focus is...anyone? Anyone? V-O-O resistance? Yep, S&P 1060ish. I can't decide if the low volume and thin conditions help or hurt that cause but either way, it's out there. Watching us tango near these levels is the very definition of mixed emotions. I can feel it in my bones that something is brewing to the downside but the next six hours of Minxy movement is a crapshoot. Hey J-dog, can I say crapshoot,?
With the holiday looming, I wanted to give some quick thanks for the good fortune I've encountered. And no--this kind of fortune has nothing to do with financial status.
- I'm thankful for the opportunity to enjoy four days with my brother Adam, sister-in-law Faith and my pride and joy, Maia and Bradley.
- I'm thankful for my mother and grandmother's health.
- I'm thankful for the incredibly talented Professors who tirelessly give to Minyanville.
- I'm thankful for the support of the Minyanship despite having the chilliest feel of my trading career.
- I'm thankful that my father has turned his life around.
- I'm thankful for the generous donations to the Ruby Peck Foundation for Children's Education.
- I'm thankful for Fokker, Casey, Judith, Len, Allan, Mark,Julie and Debra for all the behind the scenes Minyan efforts. You have no idea how hard they work.
- I'm thankful that I got to know Bill Meehan.
- I'm thankful for Snoop Tone's contributions to date.
- I'm thankful for Phoebe and Zoebird.
- I'm thankful for my friendship with Lionel, MJ, Snits, Susan, Jamie, Slaino, Dan, Scotto, John and all my other friends who put up with my many faults.
- I'm thankful that I live in America.
- I'm thankful that I have Hoofy, Boo, Daisy, Snapper and Sammy to keep me company.
- I'm thankful for the opportunity to talk to you daily.
And I'm thankful for all of the things that I take for granted every day. I've been a hypocrite this year--living to work rather than working to live--but I'm gonna try and balance more. It's ironic that it typically takes something bad--be it the loss of a loved one or a national catastrophe--to make us appreciate the good. And when we're surrounded by the good, it's often forgotten in the quest for a better tomorrow. When you look around the table this Thanksgiving holiday, truly give thanks for your lot in life. After all, tomorrow is promised to nobody.
Have a peaceful night.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter