From our family to yours, have a happy holiday!
Goin home, goin home
By the waterside I will rest my bones
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
To rock my soul
The afternoon glide continues to ride and the Minx is creepin' while ya sleepin'. If the oldest trading adage is never to short a dull tape, it's worth noting that this tape is duller than a blind date with a deaf mute. Of course, if there are any Minyans that fit that description, I'm just trying to make a point. It's so quiet, you can almost hear Fokker's bonus drop.
Edging towards the bell, the obvious focus is...anyone? Anyone? V-O-O resistance? Yep, S&P 1060ish. I can't decide if the low volume and thin conditions help or hurt that cause but either way, it's out there. Watching us tango near these levels is the very definition of mixed emotions. I can feel it in my bones that something is brewing to the downside but the next six hours of Minxy movement is a crapshoot. Hey J-dog, can I say crapshoot,?
With the holiday looming, I wanted to give some quick thanks for the good fortune I've encountered. And no--this kind of fortune has nothing to do with financial status.
- I'm thankful for the opportunity to enjoy four days with my brother Adam, sister-in-law Faith and my pride and joy, Maia and Bradley.
- I'm thankful for my mother and grandmother's health.
- I'm thankful for the incredibly talented Professors who tirelessly give to Minyanville.
- I'm thankful for the support of the Minyanship despite having the chilliest feel of my trading career.
- I'm thankful that my father has turned his life around.
- I'm thankful for the generous donations to the Ruby Peck Foundation for Children's Education.
- I'm thankful for Fokker, Casey, Judith, Len, Allan, Mark,Julie and Debra for all the behind the scenes Minyan efforts. You have no idea how hard they work.
- I'm thankful that I got to know Bill Meehan.
- I'm thankful for Snoop Tone's contributions to date.
- I'm thankful for Phoebe and Zoebird.
- I'm thankful for my friendship with Lionel, MJ, Snits, Susan, Jamie, Slaino, Dan, Scotto, John and all my other friends who put up with my many faults.
- I'm thankful that I live in America.
- I'm thankful that I have Hoofy, Boo, Daisy, Snapper and Sammy to keep me company.
- I'm thankful for the opportunity to talk to you daily.
And I'm thankful for all of the things that I take for granted every day. I've been a hypocrite this year--living to work rather than working to live--but I'm gonna try and balance more. It's ironic that it typically takes something bad--be it the loss of a loved one or a national catastrophe--to make us appreciate the good. And when we're surrounded by the good, it's often forgotten in the quest for a better tomorrow. When you look around the table this Thanksgiving holiday, truly give thanks for your lot in life. After all, tomorrow is promised to nobody.
Have a peaceful night.
Daily Recap Newsletter