From our family to yours: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
It's been a heckuva year in the city of critters and we all have a ton to be thankful for. As this is a time to reflect and digest, I wanna take a moment to appreciate the blessings in my life.
Without further adieu, I present the 2005 edition of Thankful Minyans:
- I'm thankful for the tireless work of everyone at MVHQ, for believing in our dream and taking strides each day to achieve it.
- I'm thankful that I get to do what I love with those I love while serving a greater good.
- I'm thankful that I work alongside Kevin Wassong, my very best friend since the first day of my freshman year at Syracuse.
- I'm thankful for the circle of trust and our network of human capital.
- I'm thankful that Pepe, Billy, Collins & Chachi carry the editorial torch.
- I'm thankful that Queen Vanessa shined like a star at MiM2 and brightens the lives of children through her work with the Ruby Peck Foundation.
- I'm thankful that Ruby still guides me.
- I'm thankful that my grandmother still shares an occasional margarita with her favorite grandson at the age of 85.
- I'm thankful that my fantastic mother is fulfilled in Santa Fe.
- I'm thankful that my brother and his family are healthy.
- I'm thankful that I've fallen in love and found a balance.
- I'm thankful for my weekly Succofest.
- I'm thankful for the professors who further our mision of fiscal literacy and infotainment.
- I'm thankful for Snoop, Saut, Shobin, Santoli and Slaino.
- I'm thankful for the perspective that 9/11 provided.
- I'm thankful for each and every Minyan who believes in what we do.
- I'm thankful for Matt Ford and his efforts to build UMV.
- I'm thankful for my memories of Joel Pollack.
- I'm thankful that I can hear the sweet sound of music and the laughter of little kids.
- I'm thankful that I can see sunsets and fall foliage.
- I'm thankful that I can smell warm fires on winter nights.
- I'm thankful that I can taste key lime pie.
- I'm thankful that I can feel cold sheets in a warm bed.
- I'm thankful that I can still exercise even if I choose not to.
- I'm thankful that my mistakes become lessons if I choose to learn from them.
- I'm thankful for the Macke family Napa Thanksgiving.
- I'm thankful for Phoebe and Zoe.
- I'm thankful for Hoofy, Boo, Snapper, Sammy and Daisy.
- I'm thankful for the memories of Crested Butte and Ojai.
- I'm thankful for each day, even if some are better than others.
- I'm thankful for friendships that withstand the test of time.
- I'm thankful for those trying to affect positive change.
- I'm thankful that it doesn't take something bad to remind us we got it good.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter