These trendlines better hold!
- I slipped both legs back into the bear costume (50% conviction on the short side) this morning on the Buzz (10:30 am). Why? 1) Crude continues to race higher (+2.7%). 2) While the pennant was marginally breached to the upside, lower highs are still in play. 3) The recent "top" offers defined risk. 4) Some trading contacts have offered that there is little "conventional" demand today and hedgies are pushing around the tape. 5) Yesterday's rally felt lethargic to me. 6) We're still extended (albeit far from uber-extended) and psychology is still relatively giddy. 7) I'm a masochist. Not advice, of course--just sharing my process.
- Buzzers will likely note the redundancy of some content in News & Views after seeing it on the Buzz. We do this as a courtesy to the Minyans who choose not to access the (incredibly cool real-time financial blog that is) Buzz & Banter.
- I'm as healthy as a horse!
- He's a pinball wizard...
- A more afraid Raid!
- "Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" - Abraham Lincoln
- The top-five Orange will soon get their point guard back. Noice!
- "No wait!," said the sheep to his fellow flock, "This time will be different!"
- Trump denied the bankruptcy was a setback. "I don't think it's a failure, it's a success," he said in the interview. "In this case, it was just something that worked better than other alternatives. It's really just a technical thing, but it came together." In related news, Toddo denied that gaining weight was a problem. "I don't think it's an issue, I didn't want to see my shoes anyway," he said in an interview,"In this case, it was just something that happened after I gave up alternative carbs. It's really just a chocolate thing, but it tasted good."
- If I get one more TravelZoo (TZOO:NASD) pop-up, I will unleash MY critters and make them sorry they ever stepped foot on our turf!
- I'm carefully watching the internals for downside confirmation. As it stands, the bears winning the battle 9:5 on the Nazz and 3:2 on the big board.
- The scary thing is that I don't even remember inhaling the chicken BLT wrap that I had for lunch (today).
- Fear factor? The volatility indices (VXO, VXN, QQV) are flat.
- These critters are allowed honorary citizenship in Minyanville.
- I had drinks with Michael Strahan Friday night. Talk about a gentle giant!
- The S&P and NDX are both sitting on the uptrend lines from late October.
- Speaking of a travel zoo!
- "The NYSE Bullish Percent has moved higher for 21 consecutive days and has elevated to a risk level of 73% (highest since January). So far today it is positive despite the slippage in the major indices, but it's still early. This is the longest streak since 26 consecutive daily rises between 4/11/03 and 5/19/03, for what that's worth. Meanwhile, I consider Biotech to be a pretty good canary in the coalmine for NDX. The failure of both the NBI and BTK to make new yearly highs along with NDX I interpret as a bearish tell. The NDX will give a sell signal at 1540, if and when, my friend, if and when." --Pepe Depew.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter