By Todd Harrison Nov 21, 2003 12:07 pm
Punch those doggies!
- I knew I was gonna catch grief for referring to myself in the third person. Toddo. Neon. Jimmy.
- For more of a Minxy/Jinxy comparison, check out Didier Sornette's latest missive. Whether or not you agree with his doomsday scenario, I think we can all agree that this guy is no dummy.
- Those are some stiff comparisons for Pfizer.
- Dubya puts on the steel tariff in March 2002 and the dollar tops out as equities slide. Now he puts on the textile tariff right as we tickle an important convergence of technical resistance indicators. Some teletubbies argue that textile tariffs don't matter. We'll know soon enough.
- I think the point I made this morning regarding the "break even" point for autumn investors is an important one. We're a whisper kiss away from those levels, and with the psychology bubble such a critical element of forward progress, we've got to be on the look out for potential pricks.
- The U.S. interstate system requires that one mile in every five must be straight. These straight sections are usable as airstrips in times of war or other emergencies.
- The financials (both the brokers and piggies) are drier today than they have been in some time. Then again, Citigroup (C:NYSE) was bone dry yesterday before the massive banana peel.
- Can we discuss Barry Bonds for a second? SIX MVP's? More than Dimaggio and Mantle combined...pretty impressive.
- I'm getting psyched to watch Carmello tomorrow night against the Mav's. There's a shot--an outside shot but a shot--that I'll be working from Texas next week. If so, maybe we can sneak in a Dallas Minyanfest one of the nights. Stay tuned.
- With the proliferation of hedge funds in recent years (another bubble), technical levels have become convoluted. As such, trendlines and inflection points (today's S&P 1035 and yesterday's 1045 tickle) are crowded and cloudy.
- The slogan on New Hampshire license plates is "Live Free or Die". These license plates are manufactured by prisoners in the state prison in Concord.
- For some reason, four people I speak to opined that we trade lower into Tuesday, bounce into Friday and resume the (new) trend lower the following week. Not sure what they're looking at but they all hit me within a half hour of each other.
- In England, the Speaker of the House is not allowed to speak.
- Look at a five day chart of any of the major indices. You think somebody doesn't want us to break these levels? Ya think?
- I went over the web site changes with the team and all I can say is WOW. We're taking Critterville to the next level in so many different ways!
- Are you more scared of missing a rally or protecting against the downside?
- Keep your eye on the prize and zone out negative energy.
- My boy Blue!
- NYSE breadth is much better than Nazz breadth.
- Congrats to Minyan Howard Hannan on the birth of his second grandchild this morning!
- How many people "pressed" S&P 1035?
- We're a bit oversold in the short-term....but is that emboldening the dip shtick?
- Tree hugger!
- I hate spam. I mean, seriously, a few thousand emails a day is annoying.
- Are the oil service names the next group to get druggy to the upside? OSX 80 is multiple bottoms so we'll know soon enough.
- It was the moops!
- I'm leaving at 3pm for the airport. Just an fyi.
- The louder a person is, the less they typically have to say.
- A fellow Minyan showed me a new style of watch that I thought was pretty cool.
- Back. Caught you lookin' for the same thing. It's a new thing check out this I bring. Uh oh the roll below the level 'cause I'm livin' low next to the bass. C'mon, turn up the radio!
- Let's go Raiders...every journey begins with a single game. Kansas City is a tough draw but they're not unbeatable.
position in spx
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter