Randoms for the Road
May peace be with you!
- I don't have much juice left in the tank but I couldn't fa'shnizzle the end of day column. Hence the quick randoms...
- There aren't many reasons to support a Snapper--crude is up 5+% (not a typo), internals are fugly and leadership is being hung by its toes.
- Talk about shrinkage!
- We knew it was coming--Hoofy is convinced that this is a healthy and necessary precursor to the year-end romp while Boo is sure that the bovine denial is rich, thick and in the early stages.
- Elmer's Brew!
- It is estimated that millions of trees are accidentally planted each year by squirrels who bury nuts and then forget where they hid them.
- Volatility measures are a far cry from panic.
- What the heck is a far cry?
- I've learned a ton from the horse regarding corporates and a ton from Succo on the FX food chain.
- The definition of an investment should never be a trade gone awry.
- Citigroup (C:NYSE) pinnin' $45. Shocker!
- The opposite sides of a dice cube always add up to seven
- The first time Neil Glassman ever tried a S'mores!
- I understand that lotsa trends are still favorable. Just remember that if (when) they become unfavorable, prices will already be much lower.
- Fannie (FNM:NYSE) doesn't matter because the price says it doesn't. Enron only mattered after the price said it did.
- Judge Toddo!
- Is Minyanville too bearish? Perhaps, although it's not by design. We're always looking for smart, sharp and honest columnists. If they happen to be bulls, FANTASTIC! But WHO they are is more important than how they lean.
- The Raiders are only three games outa first. (I know)
- I'm rolling down my "mental stops" on the bear costume but 'may' take a leg out depending on the close.
- NDX 1548 'fills' the gap created by Wednesday's opening jig.
- I'm gonna post this, hop back to the Buzz and ride out November expiration. Man....where did 2004 go? Couldn't tell ya, but it seems like the years are racing by while we're staring at this flickering ticks. I'll say this---when it's all said and done, the last thing I wanna be remembered for is being a trader. I wanna be remembered as a good grandson, a loving child, a supportive brother, a true friend and, one day, a great dad and husband. THAT is the true definition of success. Everything else is the gravy train.
- Have a peaceful weekend.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter