One mo' day!
- That explains the holes in the cheese!
- Oh come on, just have one more drink. I know the bartender...he'll serve us!
- Weekend retreat at Bernie's?
- I dined with uber-Minyan Steve Galbraith last night and then attended a gathering with Jeff Immelt , Brian Williams and David Granger (Editor-in-Chief of Esquire Magazine). The common thread of the conversations was one of optimism and the need for each of us to do our part in making the world a better place. In particular, Brian spoke of the rifts in our country--between white, black, red and blue--and the work that must be done to unify our beliefs, interests and opportunities. I left with some newfound confidence and respect for the long road ahead. They each left with a pocket full of critters!
- No, she's not going to be a columnist on Minyanville!
- "Reagan proved deficits don't matter." - Dick Cheney
- "Deficits matter and we are committed to the President's plan to bring our budget deficit down." - John Snow
- Index options will expire/settle this morning while individual equity options are this afternoon's business. Look for some action/reaction on the bookend bells.
- Levels to watch today include SOX 435, 442 and 450, BKX 101.80 (recent low and only support before BKX 100), S&P 1188ish (recent high) and DXY 83.11 (9-year low).
- "If this worker retires when the market is in a slump, then it could make their loss even bigger."
- Does Sarbanes-Oxley Hurt Shareholders and Hide Poor Management?
- Mo' numbers, mo' numbers, mo' numbers.
- I sure got some silly looks last night walking around with half a bear costume on! I told curious onlookers that I was going to keep it on until the recent S&P high is taken out or we sufficiently slither sideways or I see a something that makes me itch.
- Foooooooooooooooood fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!
- "It's not easy for me. People did lose money on the stocks that I recommended and I'm sensitive to that. I wish we would have downgraded them, and I'll have to live with that the rest of my life." - Mary Meeker, Fortune Magazine
- "The enthusiasm was well placed, it just got ahead of itself in many respects," Meeker said, speaking at the Interactive Local Media 2004 conference in Jersey City, N.J., Friday. "As we have said for a long time, from a wealth-creation standpoint, we believe we lived through a boomlet, followed by a bust, followed by a boom." - Mary Meeker
- Silver and Black comeback?
- Vat's my name?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter