By Todd Harrison Nov 19, 2004 8:37 am
One mo' day!
- That explains the holes in the cheese!
- Oh come on, just have one more drink. I know the bartender...he'll serve us!
- Weekend retreat at Bernie's?
- I dined with uber-Minyan Steve Galbraith last night and then attended a gathering with Jeff Immelt , Brian Williams and David Granger (Editor-in-Chief of Esquire Magazine). The common thread of the conversations was one of optimism and the need for each of us to do our part in making the world a better place. In particular, Brian spoke of the rifts in our country--between white, black, red and blue--and the work that must be done to unify our beliefs, interests and opportunities. I left with some newfound confidence and respect for the long road ahead. They each left with a pocket full of critters!
- No, she's not going to be a columnist on Minyanville!
- "Reagan proved deficits don't matter." - Dick Cheney
- "Deficits matter and we are committed to the President's plan to bring our budget deficit down." - John Snow
- Index options will expire/settle this morning while individual equity options are this afternoon's business. Look for some action/reaction on the bookend bells.
- Levels to watch today include SOX 435, 442 and 450, BKX 101.80 (recent low and only support before BKX 100), S&P 1188ish (recent high) and DXY 83.11 (9-year low).
- "If this worker retires when the market is in a slump, then it could make their loss even bigger."
- Does Sarbanes-Oxley Hurt Shareholders and Hide Poor Management?
- Mo' numbers, mo' numbers, mo' numbers.
- I sure got some silly looks last night walking around with half a bear costume on! I told curious onlookers that I was going to keep it on until the recent S&P high is taken out or we sufficiently slither sideways or I see a something that makes me itch.
- Foooooooooooooooood fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!
- "It's not easy for me. People did lose money on the stocks that I recommended and I'm sensitive to that. I wish we would have downgraded them, and I'll have to live with that the rest of my life." - Mary Meeker, Fortune Magazine
- "The enthusiasm was well placed, it just got ahead of itself in many respects," Meeker said, speaking at the Interactive Local Media 2004 conference in Jersey City, N.J., Friday. "As we have said for a long time, from a wealth-creation standpoint, we believe we lived through a boomlet, followed by a bust, followed by a boom." - Mary Meeker
- Silver and Black comeback?
- Vat's my name?
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter