I could use some hugs...but I've just about had enough squeezing.
- Boo needs a lady friend to calm him down. We'll call it the Taming of the Boo.
- IF (big if) the market was going to close lower on the day, it needed to be up in the morning.
- Hewlett Packard (HPQ:NYSE) earnings tonight.
- A dead cat dollar bounce (and a corresponding correction in gold) shouldn't shock anyone. The only question is one of degree.
- The financials aren't giving a solid read yet. The brokers are heavy but the piggies are holding on to Cliff Branch.
- Quotas on lingerie? Looks like Daisy's getting appliances this holiday season.
- "The winning political formula is to promise everything to everyone. Meanwhile, the first law of economics is scarcity. Paper money is the bridge between politics and reality."-- Porter Stansberry
- Don't think, Meat. Just throw.
- Breadth is trying to creep "better" and currently stands 4:3 positive.
- I don't wanna know where the phrase "dead cat bounce" comes from.
- The story on the dollar and the China trade restrictions got surprisingly little play on television last night.
- Is everybody trading the same levels?
- Europe, while off its lows, is down about .5%.
- Rizzo's got a bun in the oven!
- I applaud weeding out the criminal element on Wall Street. I do think, however, that we have to be careful of a witch hunt. Not everyone is a "bad guy" (although there are plenty of 'em).
- Are the bad guys the "pricks" that pop the psychology bubble?
- The homies have come in after the housing start pop.
- Beeks will drop off the initial claims (exp. 365k), continuing claims (exp. 3515k), leading indicators (exp. .2%) and the Philly cheese steak (exp. 25) tomorrow.
- If you work out twice as hard for half the time, is it the same thing?
- The internets, biotechs and semis bode well for the bounce holdage. To fade--or not to fade--is a function of time horizon and risk appetite.
- Hey you in the back with the French braids--what do you want to be when you grow up?
- Does money buy happiness? Some of the richest people I know don't have two dimes to rub together. I also know rich people who are absolutely miserable (and are intent on making others miserable as well). I won't belittle its importance in society (we are in a capitalist business) but it's not everything, cookie. Sometimes it takes real hardship--such as illness or death of a loved one--to make us see that light.
- If you haven't visited Main Street lately, please take the time to check it out in time for your holiday season. 10% of the net proceeds from Harrison's Department Store will be donated to the Ruby Peck Foundation for Children's Education.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter