By Todd Harrison Nov 18, 2003 11:58 am
Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!
- Yesterday, while the majority of the screens were red, gold was a standout to the downside (signaling a potential equity rally). Today, while the majority of screens are green, gold is a standout to the upside.
- Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history: Spades - King David, Hearts - Charlemagne, Clubs -Alexander the Great, Diamonds - Julius Caesar.
- Breadth, while off its best levels, has remained positive all session.
- General Electric (GE:NYSE) and Microsoft (MSFT:NASD) are propping up today's tape.
- The word "samba" means "to rub navels together."
- European bourses are hugging either side of the flat line.
- I'm seeing continued call buying in the drugs.
- The glue on Israeli postage stamps is certified kosher.
- There are trades for the day, trades for a catalyst and trades for a thesis. Define your m.o before strappin' on the risk.
- Oh yeah, the dollar is making fresh seven year lows.
- Analog Devices (ADI:NYSE) reports tonight and Hewlett Packard (HPQ:NYSE) is tomorrow's business.
- I'm getting stopped more times than my high school prom.
- Citigroup (C:NYSE) stochastics are edging towards a buy signal. Just an fyi (and certainly not advice).
- If you're getting bullish higher and bearish lower, take a deep breath.
- Billy Ocean shoulda been much bigger than he was.
- When unsure, trade a little "in between."
- Pets are great therapy.
- Professor Succo's latest gem makes a great point. Good traders know how to take profits. Great traders know how to take a loss.
- Do something Joel today.
- Don't let today's flattish action fool ya--there's a huge battle going on between the bulls and bears.
- Beeks will drop off the housing starts and building permits tomorrow (exp. 1850k).
- The critters have taken a vote and will celebrate a vegetarian Thanksgiving. It's only right.
- We might need to set up a NYC Minyan football soon.
- Watch the session lows (S&P 1042/NDX 1390) as a support level. Traders have likely set "sell stops" below.
- The semicaps are starting to get a little heavy.
- I am already very heavy (for me).
- Johnny Bravo would say "Heavy, man. Real Groovy." (it must be the duds)
position in qqq, hpq
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter