Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!
- Yesterday, while the majority of the screens were red, gold was a standout to the downside (signaling a potential equity rally). Today, while the majority of screens are green, gold is a standout to the upside.
- Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history: Spades - King David, Hearts - Charlemagne, Clubs -Alexander the Great, Diamonds - Julius Caesar.
- Breadth, while off its best levels, has remained positive all session.
- General Electric (GE:NYSE) and Microsoft (MSFT:NASD) are propping up today's tape.
- The word "samba" means "to rub navels together."
- European bourses are hugging either side of the flat line.
- I'm seeing continued call buying in the drugs.
- The glue on Israeli postage stamps is certified kosher.
- There are trades for the day, trades for a catalyst and trades for a thesis. Define your m.o before strappin' on the risk.
- Oh yeah, the dollar is making fresh seven year lows.
- Analog Devices (ADI:NYSE) reports tonight and Hewlett Packard (HPQ:NYSE) is tomorrow's business.
- I'm getting stopped more times than my high school prom.
- Citigroup (C:NYSE) stochastics are edging towards a buy signal. Just an fyi (and certainly not advice).
- If you're getting bullish higher and bearish lower, take a deep breath.
- Billy Ocean shoulda been much bigger than he was.
- When unsure, trade a little "in between."
- Pets are great therapy.
- Professor Succo's latest gem makes a great point. Good traders know how to take profits. Great traders know how to take a loss.
- Do something Joel today.
- Don't let today's flattish action fool ya--there's a huge battle going on between the bulls and bears.
- Beeks will drop off the housing starts and building permits tomorrow (exp. 1850k).
- The critters have taken a vote and will celebrate a vegetarian Thanksgiving. It's only right.
- We might need to set up a NYC Minyan football soon.
- Watch the session lows (S&P 1042/NDX 1390) as a support level. Traders have likely set "sell stops" below.
- The semicaps are starting to get a little heavy.
- I am already very heavy (for me).
- Johnny Bravo would say "Heavy, man. Real Groovy." (it must be the duds)
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter