More Random Thoughts!
By Todd Harrison Nov 17, 2004 2:53 pm
May peace be with you!
- Please pay particular attention to the semis on the close. The two levels to monitor are SOX 442 and SOX 435 and close below both would be fairly bearish.
- China is developing the means to electronically blockade rival Taiwan with attacks to the country's vital utilities, the Internet and other communications networks, a high-ranking U.S. defense official has said.
- The term "rookie" comes from the military. It originated during the Civil War, when there was a huge influx of new soldiers -- recruits or "reckies."
- Will Newmont Mining (NEM:NYSE) and Schlumberger (SLB:NYSE) be the Intel (INTC:NASD) and Microsoft (MSFT:NASD) of the next five years?
- Due to an anticipated hangover, Hoofy was unable to commit to this gig.
- We talked about the potentially false acne for the piggies this morning and then noted the lethargy with which they were trading. As it stands, Bank of America (BAC:NYSE), Citigroup (C:NYSE) and JP Morgan (JPM:NYSE) are all chillin' in Red Dye. What remains to be seen is if this is a simple rotation to beta or an ominous sign of a broader decline.
- Daisy is all about the critters but took offense to this puppy.
- And to think, we only have to deal with massive budget deficits, insane debt, a devalued dollar and geopolitical jitters!
- "There is nothing more disastrous as a rational investment policy in an irrational world." John Maynard Keynes
- If Nicolette Sheridan is naughty, Daisy is downright bad.
- Tin soldiers and Nixon calling...
- I hate losing my temper because I can never find it when I really need it.
- I've been active in the energy patch today as I nibbled on some OSX names in front of the data (decent field position) and have been rolling up stops ever since. Not advice--just trying to do that "fool and his money" thing.
- I've heard of low-fare airlines but the buck stops here.
- Vermin is on deck and blood is in the hole.
- Applied Materials (AMAT:NASD) earnings (after the bell) will color tomorrow's tech tape.
- Succo's input on the USD/Yen/Bonds and the broader implications is priceless input from a savvy sage.
- BAD news for the critters!
- I 'think' we've run far enough and have given enough technical buy signals to edge the path of maximum frustration back to the downside. That pullback--if and when--is likely necessary IF Hoofy is to jamboree into year-end but we'll take that journey one step at a time.
- Don't wake up when your sixty and wish you lived your life differently. Do it now and enjoy the ride.
- Fare ye well into the bell and have a peaceful easy evening.
position in c
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter