More Random Thoughts!
May peace be with you!
- Please pay particular attention to the semis on the close. The two levels to monitor are SOX 442 and SOX 435 and close below both would be fairly bearish.
- China is developing the means to electronically blockade rival Taiwan with attacks to the country's vital utilities, the Internet and other communications networks, a high-ranking U.S. defense official has said.
- The term "rookie" comes from the military. It originated during the Civil War, when there was a huge influx of new soldiers -- recruits or "reckies."
- Will Newmont Mining (NEM:NYSE) and Schlumberger (SLB:NYSE) be the Intel (INTC:NASD) and Microsoft (MSFT:NASD) of the next five years?
- Due to an anticipated hangover, Hoofy was unable to commit to this gig.
- We talked about the potentially false acne for the piggies this morning and then noted the lethargy with which they were trading. As it stands, Bank of America (BAC:NYSE), Citigroup (C:NYSE) and JP Morgan (JPM:NYSE) are all chillin' in Red Dye. What remains to be seen is if this is a simple rotation to beta or an ominous sign of a broader decline.
- Daisy is all about the critters but took offense to this puppy.
- And to think, we only have to deal with massive budget deficits, insane debt, a devalued dollar and geopolitical jitters!
- "There is nothing more disastrous as a rational investment policy in an irrational world." John Maynard Keynes
- If Nicolette Sheridan is naughty, Daisy is downright bad.
- Tin soldiers and Nixon calling...
- I hate losing my temper because I can never find it when I really need it.
- I've been active in the energy patch today as I nibbled on some OSX names in front of the data (decent field position) and have been rolling up stops ever since. Not advice--just trying to do that "fool and his money" thing.
- I've heard of low-fare airlines but the buck stops here.
- Vermin is on deck and blood is in the hole.
- Applied Materials (AMAT:NASD) earnings (after the bell) will color tomorrow's tech tape.
- Succo's input on the USD/Yen/Bonds and the broader implications is priceless input from a savvy sage.
- BAD news for the critters!
- I 'think' we've run far enough and have given enough technical buy signals to edge the path of maximum frustration back to the downside. That pullback--if and when--is likely necessary IF Hoofy is to jamboree into year-end but we'll take that journey one step at a time.
- Don't wake up when your sixty and wish you lived your life differently. Do it now and enjoy the ride.
- Fare ye well into the bell and have a peaceful easy evening.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter