streetTRACKS Gold Trust (GLD:NYSE)
For details on this ETF take a look at the following article.
• Expected to launch this week
• Designed to track the performance of the price of gold bullion
• Structured as a grantor trust and will hold physical gold
• Easily shorted and is not subject to the "uptick" rule
• Tax Implications: Gold is considered a collectible by the IRS for tax purposes and as such taxed at a higher long-term capital gains rate of 28%
• Objectives: Hedge against inflation, hedge against decline of U.S. dollar, alternative investment for diversification purposes
• Risks: General risks associated with investing in commodities, potential tracking error, possibility GLD will lag other market segments or active managers. GLD does not provide interest or dividend income.
Expense Ratio: 40 bps
Intraday NAV Symbol: GLDIV
NAV Symbol: GLDNV
Approx Value: 1/10 oz. Gold
Primary Exchange: NYSE
Minimum Trade Size: 1 Share
Options Available: No
Source: Morgan Stanley ETF Research
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter