One more hump...one more hump....
- Has anybody found out what Victoria's Secret is?
- The piggies have (thus far) held important support (BKX 940).
- The world's youngest parents were 8 and 9 and lived in China in 1910. And I thought I was frisky!
- Europe remains firmly in the green despite the early stateside pressure.
- S's (and Dow) over N's.
- If Snapper is lurking, it'll be one of the sneakier cameos he's made to date.
- Bulletproof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers, and laser printers were all invented by women.
- Adam Brodsky will be joining the Minyan family as a professor of trading. I think you're gonna enjoy his trading take (I do) and he'll offer food for thought for you early risers. Look for "Breakfast with Brodsky" to debut Monday morning. Good luck Adam!
- Today's AMG data is a bullish input on the margin.
- I got hit up by a handful of traders this morning asking "where is all this supply coming from?" Is that the early stages of denial?
- The internets don't lift with the tape. That's a sign of supply.
- Energy, after an early burp, is trading dry again.
- If you get an abused dog from an animal shelter and give it warm water, it'll be grateful and thankful. If you get a pampered dog from a breeder and give it warm water, it'll turn its nose up. Think about that for a second.
- The breadth remains markedly worse in four-letter land.
- Honey is the only food that doesn't spoil.
- Minyan Trivia: Half of all Americans live within 50 miles of what? The first correct answer sent to firstname.lastname@example.org will win their choice of a snazzy Minyanville tee!
- The dollar has clawed back today's losses but it's still been a tough week for the greenback.
- Snoop and I have pretty different views on the big picture. That's good--you always wanna see what the other side of every trade is.
- Europe. Hmm...
- How does today end? Tell me how many longs are trapped (and playing the breakout) vs. how many shorts just pressed.
- Sort your screen by sectors and you'll be able to easily identify the rotations in play.
- XBD 650 (brokers) now becomes initial resistance.
- Michael Santoli and John Roque exemplify everything that's right in our business.
- This midday lift alleviated the uber-short term oversold condition (daily).
- I'm starting to see the trading types take quick profits in the drug issues.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter