By Todd Harrison Nov 14, 2003 11:51 am
One more hump...one more hump....
- Has anybody found out what Victoria's Secret is?
- The piggies have (thus far) held important support (BKX 940).
- The world's youngest parents were 8 and 9 and lived in China in 1910. And I thought I was frisky!
- Europe remains firmly in the green despite the early stateside pressure.
- S's (and Dow) over N's.
- If Snapper is lurking, it'll be one of the sneakier cameos he's made to date.
- Bulletproof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers, and laser printers were all invented by women.
- Adam Brodsky will be joining the Minyan family as a professor of trading. I think you're gonna enjoy his trading take (I do) and he'll offer food for thought for you early risers. Look for "Breakfast with Brodsky" to debut Monday morning. Good luck Adam!
- Today's AMG data is a bullish input on the margin.
- I got hit up by a handful of traders this morning asking "where is all this supply coming from?" Is that the early stages of denial?
- The internets don't lift with the tape. That's a sign of supply.
- Energy, after an early burp, is trading dry again.
- If you get an abused dog from an animal shelter and give it warm water, it'll be grateful and thankful. If you get a pampered dog from a breeder and give it warm water, it'll turn its nose up. Think about that for a second.
- The breadth remains markedly worse in four-letter land.
- Honey is the only food that doesn't spoil.
- Minyan Trivia: Half of all Americans live within 50 miles of what? The first correct answer sent to firstname.lastname@example.org will win their choice of a snazzy Minyanville tee!
- The dollar has clawed back today's losses but it's still been a tough week for the greenback.
- Snoop and I have pretty different views on the big picture. That's good--you always wanna see what the other side of every trade is.
- Europe. Hmm...
- How does today end? Tell me how many longs are trapped (and playing the breakout) vs. how many shorts just pressed.
- Sort your screen by sectors and you'll be able to easily identify the rotations in play.
- XBD 650 (brokers) now becomes initial resistance.
- Michael Santoli and John Roque exemplify everything that's right in our business.
- This midday lift alleviated the uber-short term oversold condition (daily).
- I'm starting to see the trading types take quick profits in the drug issues.
position in qqq
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter