More Random Thoughts!
I'll see YOU on the runway!
- If Paris didn't want the tape to be out there, she should have never have made it.
- If the Minx is to breakout before it breaks down, I'm not so sure that it's today's business. Bellwethers Intel (INTC:NASD) and Cisco (CSCO:NASD), as well as select money center banks, don't participate in the rally attempts. That's a sign of relative supply.
- I'll give you Manhattan, Nazareth and Berlin. However, Kansas, Alabama, Miami Sound Machine, Bay City Rollers, Buffalo Springfield, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Oak Ridge Boys, Village People, New York Dolls and Atlanta Rhythm Section doesn't quite cut it.
- Note the emergence of the November trading range in the S&P.
- Boo has started Ursine Anonymous for those who wish to participate in a support group.
- Breadth remains steady. No clues there.
- Franklin Raines.
- The cost of raising a medium-size dog to the age of eleven: $6,400
- I've made a couple of passes at that box of Godiva chocolates in my office. Hopefully that's a positive sign.
- My eyes keep floating to the oil service names.
- It's O.K. to do less if you don't have a strong feel.
- Dell (DELL:NASD) highlights tonight's earnings parade. Michael is typically upbeat and focuses on his competitive advantage.
- If, in fact, the consumer can't support the economy, the retail stocks gotta lotta room.
- Fokker Kahn.
- It's almost time for another NYC Sunday Football Minyanfest.
- You gotta squint to see it but we're currently working on the fourth lower top in the S&P (since November 3rd). What I haven't resolved in my mind's eye is whether those levels need to be violated (to the upside) before a bear scare.
- Bowling averages are way up, mini-golf scores are way down.
- Work to live. Don't live to work.
- If all goes well, the first of our new Minyan professors will start as early as next week. Let's give him a warm Minyan welcome!
- The intra-market rotations are fierce.
- Either gold or equities are gonna be wrong.
- I gotta make it up to Syracuse for a hoops game. It's been too long.
- This business is a constant balance between misery and victory.
- I think Carl Fox said it best. You can never judge a man's success BY THE SIZE OF HIS WALLET!
- The reaction to Applied Material's (AMAT:NASD) earnings is starting to tip in Boo's favor.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter