More Random Thoughts!
By Todd Harrison Nov 13, 2003 1:45 pm
I'll see YOU on the runway!
- If Paris didn't want the tape to be out there, she should have never have made it.
- If the Minx is to breakout before it breaks down, I'm not so sure that it's today's business. Bellwethers Intel (INTC:NASD) and Cisco (CSCO:NASD), as well as select money center banks, don't participate in the rally attempts. That's a sign of relative supply.
- I'll give you Manhattan, Nazareth and Berlin. However, Kansas, Alabama, Miami Sound Machine, Bay City Rollers, Buffalo Springfield, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Oak Ridge Boys, Village People, New York Dolls and Atlanta Rhythm Section doesn't quite cut it.
- Note the emergence of the November trading range in the S&P.
- Boo has started Ursine Anonymous for those who wish to participate in a support group.
- Breadth remains steady. No clues there.
- Franklin Raines.
- The cost of raising a medium-size dog to the age of eleven: $6,400
- I've made a couple of passes at that box of Godiva chocolates in my office. Hopefully that's a positive sign.
- My eyes keep floating to the oil service names.
- It's O.K. to do less if you don't have a strong feel.
- Dell (DELL:NASD) highlights tonight's earnings parade. Michael is typically upbeat and focuses on his competitive advantage.
- If, in fact, the consumer can't support the economy, the retail stocks gotta lotta room.
- Fokker Kahn.
- It's almost time for another NYC Sunday Football Minyanfest.
- You gotta squint to see it but we're currently working on the fourth lower top in the S&P (since November 3rd). What I haven't resolved in my mind's eye is whether those levels need to be violated (to the upside) before a bear scare.
- Bowling averages are way up, mini-golf scores are way down.
- Work to live. Don't live to work.
- If all goes well, the first of our new Minyan professors will start as early as next week. Let's give him a warm Minyan welcome!
- The intra-market rotations are fierce.
- Either gold or equities are gonna be wrong.
- I gotta make it up to Syracuse for a hoops game. It's been too long.
- This business is a constant balance between misery and victory.
- I think Carl Fox said it best. You can never judge a man's success BY THE SIZE OF HIS WALLET!
- The reaction to Applied Material's (AMAT:NASD) earnings is starting to tip in Boo's favor.
position in intc, qqq, financials
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter