By Todd Harrison Nov 13, 2003 12:14 pm
Watch out for the Snapper trapper!
- "Football is a violent sport and there are a lot of unfortunate injuries, maybe uncalled-for injuries, in this league. But when you deal with the high pressure, high intensity levels in this game week in and week out, that is bound to happen at some point." --Brett Favre
- A lot of Minyans have signed up as mentors and tutors. The more the merrier, Minyans, especially as we head into the holiday season.
- Breadth has edged to a more balanced state.
- Breakout or breakdown? Probably the former and then the latter?
- Why do I take jabs at the teletubbies? 1. Many of them state their opinions as fact. 2. Some of them have repeatedly buried investors but sweep that fact under the rug. 3. Arrogance and hubris.
- And for the record, not all teletubbies are bad. Some offer tremendous value and salient commentary. Others, however, taint the whole teletubbie village.
- Neuman asked me to join him front row on the glass for the Rangers/Penguins game last night. As I had a date with Ms. Nyquil, Fokker took my place. Fokker!
- Note the XBD (broker/dealer index) just inched green.
- It was the accepted practice in Babylon 4,000 years ago that for a month after the wedding, the bride's father would supply his son-in-law with all the mead he could drink. Mead is a honey beer and because their calendar was lunar based, this period was called the honey month...which we know today as the honeymoon.
- The drug jig continues. Its initial rotation (with the stochastics twisting along the floor) was likely the 'easier' trade. Now it's time to see if they can stick and assume leadership (from the cyclicals).
- The horsies (big cap tech leadership) trade heavy relative to the tertiary names.
- The internets are perking up--watch these names as a tech sentiment tell.
- A spike to S&P 1068--if it happens--will likely be met with initial supply.
- I'm up to my eyes in chicken soup.
- I hear Fokker has a cameo appearance in tonight's Victoria's Secret fashion show.
- How many bands (outside of Boston and Chicago) are named after cities?
- Identify your time horizon before you step on the field.
- Does the expiration stickiness have to be removed before meaningful downside emerges?
- If you're staring at every tick intently as if it's the most important tick in the world, relax your grip on the handlebars. You'll likely enjoy the ride more and you're less likely to get tossed.
- Coming soon: Minyanville gift baskets. Just in time for the holidays!
- Despite the potential for a breakout before a breakdown, I continue to feel as if the downside greatly outweighs the upside. Whether or not you choose to game that move is purely subjective.
- Personally, I thought Monsters Inc. was better than Nemo.
- The turkeys in Minyanville are scared critters.
- Good luck tomorrow mom--the critters are sending white light.
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter