More Random Thoughts!
By Todd Harrison Nov 11, 2004 3:22 pm
From our family to yours, have a fantastic night!
- "Experience is what we get when we don't get what we want." --Jack Tarver, via Gamble Rogers
- If "long squeeze" was in Webster's, it would have an illustration of the last few weeks.
- The ability of the tape to take the Cisco (CSCO:NASD) ding without a dent was an important tell (I saw it--just didn't act on it).
- Oh, the Italian bird!
- An orangutan who has been overweight all her life is 'dating' again after more than a year of diet and exercise. Maggie, 43 was obese, had dry brittle hair and bad skin. After her doctors and her trainer at Chicago's Brookfield determined that she had a thyroid condition, the new regimen or hard work and better eating was introduced. She has lost more than 90 pounds and zoo officials hope Maggie will have a baby within the next few years. (NBC-5 - Chicago)
- Expiration loops into the 'Ville next week and that should add some sauciness to a tape already draped in Ragu.
- The most bearish thing about this tape is that it looks so very good.
- Why is sliced bread so great?
- "Usually, God favors the people who try to do good. So, when you find that the crowd is desperately trying to sell, help them and buy. When you find that the crowd is over enthusiastically trying to buy, help them and sell. It usually works out..." --Sir John Templeton
- I've heard of a bad rap but this is a bit much.
- According to Stan Weinstein, the NYSE equity only A/D line is the best it's been in 20 years.
- According to Todd Harrison, my eating habits are the worst they've been in the last 20 years.
- The nets and nuts get all the spotlight but the financials are the cornerstone of a stable stock market.
- I watched a video of my grandfather last night (taped for my UCP benefit in 2000) and got to look in his sweet, sweet eyes.
- If the VXO is a hat size, I'll eat the hat.
- Should "seasonality" be replaced with "performance anxiety" in the Stock Trader's Almanac?
- I feel like a Foreigner song.
- I believe that human capital is the only asset class that won't depreciate in the next ten years.
- War's over, Wormer dropped the big one.
- Please remind me never to wait two years to take a vacation.
- It's funny, the bulls don't seem sheepish.
- Presstek. Iomega.
- Fare ye well into the bell and have a most peaceful evening.
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter