I'm watching you Fokker!
- Hilton Hotels (HLT:NYSE) new slogan should be "Come sleep with us. "
- We wanted to monitor the scope and breadth of the rally attempt. Thus far, the breadth stinks.
- Consumers over cyclicals.
- Why are these levels so important? With a sell-off, the S&P will confirm the "double top" (negative) while a rally would harbor hopes of a sideways consolidation (range).
- The homies are bouncing, the internets reversed lower and the financials still trade lethargic. Watch Citigroup (C:NYSE) and Bank of America (BAC:NYSE) as piggy tells.
- If your bullish...I mean bearish...I mean bullish...I mean bearish...take a deep breath.
- Did you know that at Disneyland they have hundreds of wild domesticated cats running around the park? They never come out during the day (too many people), but the reason they're there is to catch the mice
- The Burned Razor is taking its sweet time but it's still quite viable.
- The proliferation of reality television and animation has eliminated a ton of acting gigs.
- There was a slew of selling by the gorillas this morning (multiple sevens in QQQ).
- Did you get your flu shot?
- For the first time this year, Fokker is eating healthy. I've got the "skinny" on the motivation and her name is Jenny. Run, Jenny, Ruuuuuun!
- Would a catalyst be too 'easy?'
- If you woulda told me before the season started that the Cowboys would be 7-2 and the Raiders would be 2-7, I would have thought you fell outa your tree. There's gotta be alotta happy cowboys and cowgirls in the big D.
- Guinea pigs can't sweat. Is that why they're used for all those scary experiments?
- The put/call index and TRIN got a little "pressy" this morning. Hence the relative traction.
- NDX 1410-1415 now becomes the first resistance.
- Did I mention that the breadth stinks?
- I think higher prices are a gift for Boo (he still might get 'em).
- Hoofy just called me a groundhog.
- I've heard pretty high whispers for Applied Material's (AMAT:NASD) earnings (tomorrow).
- If the biotechs and internets are predictive for tech, we've got some downside room.
- Arizona Minyans--enjoy the weather. It's chilly in the big city.
- I'm fighting a small bug. Can't you just picture it?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter