By Todd Harrison Nov 10, 2003 12:11 pm
- I think Brock Lee is a great stage name. Sounds healthy.
- The minx, as a whole, thus far hangs tough despite the downside leadership in the semis and brokers.
- Charles Woodson went from being my favorite Raider (when drafted) to an embarrassment to the organization. Anybody want a (used) #24 jersey?
- Volatility measures (VXO/VXN) are up 4% today. Boo is walking around singing "You ain't seen nothing yet..."
- Just face it. You'll never be long enough when they rally or short enough when they fail.
- Keep an eye on Saudi Arabia--if civil unrest develops, it'll toss a monkey wrench in the jungle gym.
- The internets--which typically 'turn' before the rest of the market--continue to lag.
- I was so disgusted with my pick-up basketball play on Saturday, I snuck out of the gym after one game.
- Europe has started to pick up the pace on the sell side (down about 1%).
- After the earlier post, I can't shake the thought of Jamaica. Ya mon.
- NDX support kicks in around NDX 1415 while S&P 1044 remains in play. On the upside, S&P 1054ish, 1060ish and 1068 are areas of potential stickiness.
- Expiration next week.
- HBO has to stop showing Crimson Tide late night. I can't stop watching it, Mr. Hunter.
- Note the November 3rd opening gap in the SOX (510 to 496).
- Zero percent financing will come back to haunt the autos.
- Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE) stochastics are getting oversold as it edges towards its 200-day moving average.
- I joined my mom on Saturday for a "harmonic convergence" to welcome the lunar eclipse. I know--it's out there (pun intended)--but it was actually very cool.
- Barron's correctly noted Elmer's slight digs at the administration.
- Ya gotta love Succo's Elmerville articles.
- We've got a couple of new writers lined up (one on the technical analysis front and one on the trading side). You wanna hear something cool? All new contributors must receive unanimous approval from the existing writers. That's how we keep the family happy.
- The Dow Jones has taken out last week's lows but, as it stands, the S&P and NDX have not.
- Albania. Albania. It borders on the Adriatic.
- Toss BKX 940 on the "important support" list.
- Chucky must be pissed.
- In 1963, baseball pitcher Gaylord Perry said, "They'll put a man on the moon before I hit a home run." On July 20, 1969, a few hours after Apollo 11 landed on the moon carrying Neil Armstrong, Gaylord Perry hit his first home run.
- Breadth continues to stank but the fear of Snapper is keeping traders at bay.
- What ever happened to Judge Reinhold? He was never the same after the Linda/bathroom episode.
- The catalyst front is fairly quiet until Applied Material (AMAT:NASD) earnings on Wednesday.
- I saw Monster's Inc. and Nemo this weekend. Call it homework.
- Watch the mortgage players (Countrywide Financial (CFC:NYSE)), homebuilders (Centex (CTX:NYSE) and Lennar (LEN:NYSE)) as peripheral rate tells.
- Today is John Madden's birthday.
- My greatest strength is understanding my weaknesses.
- The critters get spam too. It's actually kinda funny when Boo gets pitched for penile enlargement.
- The consumer over cyclical trade is gaining a bit of traction.
- No soup for you!
position in qqq, fnm, gm, fnm, amat, cfc
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter