More Random Thoughts
By Marcus Laun Oct 08, 2004 3:33 pm
From our family to yours, have a great two-day respite!
- Oh sure, like HE went to Harvard.
- The NDX 200-day is dust in the wind, dude. And if Hoofy can't hold the S&P 200-day, a lot of traders will have lost their upside catalyst.
- The naming of the Canary Islands had nothing to do with the bird. The islands were so named because of the many wild dogs which roamed it when the Romans landed there. "Dog" in Latin was "canis," so they called the islands "canaria insula" -- the island of dogs.)
- Roach Motel!
- The inventor of the flushing toilet was Thomas Crapper.
- At what point does crude officially become a shocker?
- But when do the trannies crack?
- Be careful of what you wish...
- Minyan Sen is trudging up the Amazon sales list...
- A Seattle judge has ruled that a large class action lawsuit against Wal-Mart (WMT:NYSE) may proceed, opening the door for 40,000 employees to state their case.
- S&P breadth remains remarkably firm.
- Aunt Fannie (FNM:NYSE) is testing breakdown resistance.
- I've been in the media game for a few years now and I can say, with certainty, that content is king. That's why we've been taking our sweet time in adding scribes. Some days that'll lead to fewer columns but I still think that beats filler.
- Get your rest--Johnson & Johnson (JNJ:NYSE), Merrill Lynch (MER:NYSE), State Street (STT:NYSE), Yahoo! (YHOO:NASD), Harley-Davidson (HDI:NYSE), Lam Research (LRCX:NASD), QLogic (QLGC:NASD), Sandisk (SNDK:NASD), Bank of America (BAC:NYSE), Citigroup (C:NYSE), Cypress Semi (CY:NYSE), Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE), General Motors (GM:NYSE), Nokia (NOK:NYSE), Southwest Airlines (LUV:NYSE), Rambus (RMBS:NASD), Juniper (JNPR:NASD), Fairchild Semi (FCS:NYSE) will all be reporting next week.
- If you're genuinely interested in top-notch financial literacy for your kids, there's nobody better than Neale Godfrey. We don't smack our stamp of approval on everything and I'll double stamp Neale's stuff 'cause it's that credible.
- I'm not sure this is such a shoe-in anymore. In fact, I'm beginning to think the muddled middle could migrate left.
- This is the biggest drop in the dollar vs. the Yen in over a year.
- Fare ye well into the bell and have a fantastic (and peaceful) weekend.
position in c
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter