More Random Thoughts
From our family to yours, have a great two-day respite!
- Oh sure, like HE went to Harvard.
- The NDX 200-day is dust in the wind, dude. And if Hoofy can't hold the S&P 200-day, a lot of traders will have lost their upside catalyst.
- The naming of the Canary Islands had nothing to do with the bird. The islands were so named because of the many wild dogs which roamed it when the Romans landed there. "Dog" in Latin was "canis," so they called the islands "canaria insula" -- the island of dogs.)
- Roach Motel!
- The inventor of the flushing toilet was Thomas Crapper.
- At what point does crude officially become a shocker?
- But when do the trannies crack?
- Be careful of what you wish...
- Minyan Sen is trudging up the Amazon sales list...
- A Seattle judge has ruled that a large class action lawsuit against Wal-Mart (WMT:NYSE) may proceed, opening the door for 40,000 employees to state their case.
- S&P breadth remains remarkably firm.
- Aunt Fannie (FNM:NYSE) is testing breakdown resistance.
- I've been in the media game for a few years now and I can say, with certainty, that content is king. That's why we've been taking our sweet time in adding scribes. Some days that'll lead to fewer columns but I still think that beats filler.
- Get your rest--Johnson & Johnson (JNJ:NYSE), Merrill Lynch (MER:NYSE), State Street (STT:NYSE), Yahoo! (YHOO:NASD), Harley-Davidson (HDI:NYSE), Lam Research (LRCX:NASD), QLogic (QLGC:NASD), Sandisk (SNDK:NASD), Bank of America (BAC:NYSE), Citigroup (C:NYSE), Cypress Semi (CY:NYSE), Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE), General Motors (GM:NYSE), Nokia (NOK:NYSE), Southwest Airlines (LUV:NYSE), Rambus (RMBS:NASD), Juniper (JNPR:NASD), Fairchild Semi (FCS:NYSE) will all be reporting next week.
- If you're genuinely interested in top-notch financial literacy for your kids, there's nobody better than Neale Godfrey. We don't smack our stamp of approval on everything and I'll double stamp Neale's stuff 'cause it's that credible.
- I'm not sure this is such a shoe-in anymore. In fact, I'm beginning to think the muddled middle could migrate left.
- This is the biggest drop in the dollar vs. the Yen in over a year.
- Fare ye well into the bell and have a fantastic (and peaceful) weekend.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter