Boredom isn't an actionable catalyst.
- Some gold scold.
- In 1994 Los Angeles police arrested a man for dressing as the Grim Reaper - complete with scythe - and standing outside the windows of old people's homes, staring in.
- "Positive volume alerts often provide some durability to a move within a sector, and semis saw their biggest moves since the lows of '02. The 200-day on semis is another +13% from yesterday's close, and though that would represent an impressive bounce from the low, it would have little impact on the overall downtrend." - Jeff DeGraaf
- With the exception of the energy patch, nary a sector has strayed far from the flat line today. The flattish breadth is supporting the slow death.
- Oy! Silver! Up almost 5% and poking through $7.
- While the bulls and bears have both been loud this year, the only critter with a leg to stand on is Sammy. Ironic, isn't it?
- With that said, the long energy/metals vs. short tech/financials would be up a whopping 60%.
- After being killed during the celebrated Battle of Trafalgar, British Admiral Horatio Nelson was put into a large barrel of brandy to preserve his body during the voyage back to England. When the ship arrived back home Lord Nelson was removed from the barrel and the crew celebrated his achievements by drinking the remaining brandy!
- Catalyst radar: The VP debate tonight, Alcoa (AA:NYSE) earnings tomorrow, Beeks and the 2nd biggie debate on Friday.
- Chew toy!
- Treat people with respect and dignity. You never know when your hat will be in hand.
- While there was some negative chatter in the homies floating around yesterday, they traded like somebody know Pulte (PHM:NYSE) was gonna puke.
- I'm gonna link this exchange again as I think it's worth another read.
- I still think the tape's fate is a battle between what we see and what we can't.
- Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free...
- I would be remiss if I didn't express my concern regarding the Yankee pitching staff.
- The Twins, eh?
- And they're worried about Daisy?
- How come I think of Marie from The Jerk every time I hear the word "puke?" (I don't wanna puke).
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter