May peace be with you!
- Do A.D.D people gravitate to trading or does trading make folks A.D.D?
- Gabbin' on the greenback.
- Mini-Mailbag from a professor at a Midwest university: "Toddo: Just because a topic doesn't appear in most textbooks doesn't mean a professor shouldn't cover it--perhaps all the more reason to do so! Absolutely the 'Ville should be discussing such issues, especially when many of the professors are so qualified (tape readers). I'm sure you didn't need this 'vote', but my 2 cents. Minyan Matty."
- Because of Animal Crackers, many kids reach the age of ten believing that a bear is as tall as a giraffe. Because of Minyanville Quackers, many adults believe that a bear is as good as it gets.
- Ludwig Von Missive.
- In the memoirs of Catherine II of Russia, it is recorded that any Russian aristocrat who displeased the queen was forced to squat in the great antechamber of the palace and to remain in that position for several days, mewing like a cat, clucking like a hen, and pecking his food from the floor.
- The common denominator of any successful venture is tenacity.
- Up on Cripple Creek she sends me if I sprang a leak...
- Today's tape has been a whole lotta nuttin' (so far) as weekend (electoral) concerns pare off against performance anxiety and the fear of missing.
- With that said, the other asset classes seem to have a few more reservations than their equity brethren. The metals went out near their highs, the dollar is near 8-year lows and fixed income has attracted interest (no pun intended).
- The term "hat trick" comes from the game of cricket -- which at one time included the practice of awarding a player who scored three consecutive wickets a new hat.
- Just how powerful with that XBD 130 breakout be for the brokers?
- Dirty spoon!
- Feel good reading for the weekend.
- I haven't taken a "real" vacation since the end of 2002. That's simply too long.
- Pump perspective!
- Halloween is a fantastic holiday but before you grab your car keys, please give Joel a visit.
- Gonna hop back to the Buzz and ride out this puppy. I sincerely hope you all had a 'good' week and that you have an even better weekend.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter