By Todd Harrison Oct 29, 2003 1:00 pm
Would that broom stick?
- If Wile E. Coyote had enough money to buy all that Acme crap, why didn't he just buy dinner?
- I'm being told that the "waveists" are allowing for further jiggle room (just north of Dow 10,000) before a "perfect" intermediate top is in place (between now and mid-November). I don't actively follow this approach but a few Minyans have mentioned it so I wanted to pass it along.
- Thus far, today's action is a healthy digestion of yesterday's ramp. Still, as it stands, we've yet to take out the gap levels in any of the major indices.
- Yesterday's SOX action was as panicky as I've seen in quite some time.
- Hoofy continues to giggle at how easy it is to buy 'em at the (pick a sector) 50-day moving average.
- If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a song about him?
- There aren't enough edible applications for avocados.
- The reflex rally off of S&P 1020 alleviated (irradiated) a lot of the shorts.
- Is Disney World the only people trap operated by a mouse?
- The NYSE internals continue to act well.
- Don't trade "just to trade."
- I had lunch with Bill a few years back but I don't remember discussing writing styles.
- Defining your time frame is so very important when trading.
- Hello darkness my old friend....(think Frank the Tank dream scene)
- Does it "feel" like the bulls wanna try and see what the bears got at S&P 1060? On a better GDP perhaps?
- To clear up any confusion, I support our troops 1000%...I just want to see them all return safely to their families. And I'm all for the proactive rooting out of terrorists--trust me--but there was likely a more "calculated" alternative than "shock and awe." (I don't claim to have the answer as to what that is)
- Performance anxiety is a double-edged sword. It'll cause the tape to rally more than it normally would but, at the same time, buying 'em because everyone else is can be a dangerous game.
- If you're reading this and you're not a citizen of Minyanville, please do the right thing.
- Goldman bought 1,000,000 SPY.
- Expect "buy stops" above NDX 1425ish (if and when).
- Bull markets aren't bred when everyone is bullish. That optimism, however, can inflate bubbles (or mini-bubbles) longer than expected.
- Yo Livitz!
- I want to come back in my next life as a cowboy. Do they allow tree huggers in Texas?
- Daisy makes for one hot witch. Maybe I should come back in my next life as a broom?
- Fleck is always a good read.
- Quiet is as quiet does, Forrest...just another day staring at the screens.
- Give Van Horn a chance.
- If you're buying when they're selling, a cardboard box will be your dwelling. If you're selling when they're buying, you'll be laughing while they're crying.
position in dia, qqq
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter