By Todd Harrison Oct 28, 2003 11:50 am
Tickle me Toddo!
- If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
- For further insight into what moved the Russian markets, click here.
- Add KLA-Tencor (KLAC:NASD) to the list of potential gap fillage.
- Dubya doesn't look so hot.
- It seems as if the most heavily shorted names (sectors) are up the most (a sign of squeezage).
- Why do the Alphabet song and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?
- I continue to hear horror stories from the West Coast Minyans. Please keep them in your prayers.
- I was listening to a teletubbie this morning explain that he was bullish because there's no visibility into next year. Am I taking crazy pills or is that the silliest thing you've ever heard?
- The BAC spank continues (BAC:NYSE) as investors digest how long it'll take them to digest FleetBoston (FBF:NYSE).
- Iraq: the never ending nightmare.
- The stock market: the world's biggest thermometer.
- Why do people point to their wrist when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?
- Gold, which failed right at the previous top, has started to slip a bit harder.
- Alright, we knew that bounce potential existed--the question now becomes one of sustainability.
- How many of you hummed "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"?
- SOX 480 (downtrend) to 487 (previous top) are areas to watch for the chips.
- This is not today's business but the odds of a confidence crisis are increasing. Why? Giddy sentiment, deterioration in Iraq, Elmer's shovel (digging a deeper hole) and (potentially) Dubya's approval rating.
- The market will be very illiquid and thin around the time of the FED announcement. Make sure to put limits on those orders.
- My obvious bias aside, the tape (thus far) continues to exhibit strong tendencies. Home Depot (HD:NYSE) is at a 52-week high, the internals have been strong and the brokers are once again trying to lead by example.
- Let's go Knicks! (This is gonna be a long season.)
- Watch NDX 1390ish as a potential inflection point.
- Breadth is s-l-o-w-l-y starting to fade a bit (3:2 on the NYSE).
- Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"
position in qqq
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter