Tickle me Toddo!
- If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
- For further insight into what moved the Russian markets, click here.
- Add KLA-Tencor (KLAC:NASD) to the list of potential gap fillage.
- Dubya doesn't look so hot.
- It seems as if the most heavily shorted names (sectors) are up the most (a sign of squeezage).
- Why do the Alphabet song and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?
- I continue to hear horror stories from the West Coast Minyans. Please keep them in your prayers.
- I was listening to a teletubbie this morning explain that he was bullish because there's no visibility into next year. Am I taking crazy pills or is that the silliest thing you've ever heard?
- The BAC spank continues (BAC:NYSE) as investors digest how long it'll take them to digest FleetBoston (FBF:NYSE).
- Iraq: the never ending nightmare.
- The stock market: the world's biggest thermometer.
- Why do people point to their wrist when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?
- Gold, which failed right at the previous top, has started to slip a bit harder.
- Alright, we knew that bounce potential existed--the question now becomes one of sustainability.
- How many of you hummed "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"?
- SOX 480 (downtrend) to 487 (previous top) are areas to watch for the chips.
- This is not today's business but the odds of a confidence crisis are increasing. Why? Giddy sentiment, deterioration in Iraq, Elmer's shovel (digging a deeper hole) and (potentially) Dubya's approval rating.
- The market will be very illiquid and thin around the time of the FED announcement. Make sure to put limits on those orders.
- My obvious bias aside, the tape (thus far) continues to exhibit strong tendencies. Home Depot (HD:NYSE) is at a 52-week high, the internals have been strong and the brokers are once again trying to lead by example.
- Let's go Knicks! (This is gonna be a long season.)
- Watch NDX 1390ish as a potential inflection point.
- Breadth is s-l-o-w-l-y starting to fade a bit (3:2 on the NYSE).
- Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter