More Random Thoughts!
By Todd Harrison Oct 27, 2004 3:27 pm
Have a peaceful evening!
- "I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -- Will Rogers.
- While the ducks are lining in Matador City (crude -5% as acne abounds), you gotta wonder if Boo is getting ready to sucker punch the sheep.
- On this date in 1858 Roland Macy opened Macy's Department Store in New York City. It was Macy's eighth business adventure, the other seven failed. There's a lesson in that.
- Deja Polls!
- Do technicals matter? Collins just offered that they work better for individual stocks rather than the broader indices. That's actually a good point--with 8000 hedgies all staring at the same macro charts, levels are bound to become convoluted.
- You had to figure that terror jitters would drudge to the surface.
- Will she scratch faster, yawn wider and sleep more too?
- I'm hearing that much of today's action is the unwind of the "long crude, long fixed income, short equity" trade. Not a shocker, I know, but thought I'd pass it along.
- I'm scaling out of my "rental longs" and layering into more underneath puts (into this rally). I want the downside exposure/protection overnight and can always re-rent on the long side (with trailing stops) intraday. Not advice, of course, but thought I'd share the process. I am, as you know, well aware of the acne and uber-respectful of the "powers that be." Still, the risk is defined and I plan to trade around them.
- I always look forward to my Wednesday night Succofests. Tonight, however, promises to be particularly robust as we digest the recent action.
- Give in to the power of the tea...
- The only difference between intervention and manipulation is communication.
- Yawn! Dow 10K.
- I cannot pass judgment until I examine the evidence.
- Snaps to the Iron Horse. He's a great read and a better man.
- Fat guy in a little coat.
- While I've got a face for radio, Minyanville's Jeff Macke will be on CNBC Bullseye this evening at 6pm EST. Tell Becky that Boo sends his love!
- Gonna jump back to the Buzz and ride the hump into the sunset. I hope you're all jinglin' baby and, if not, that you have the ability to keep it in perspective. Tomorrow is a new day.
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter