More Random Thoughts!
Have a peaceful evening!
- "I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -- Will Rogers.
- While the ducks are lining in Matador City (crude -5% as acne abounds), you gotta wonder if Boo is getting ready to sucker punch the sheep.
- On this date in 1858 Roland Macy opened Macy's Department Store in New York City. It was Macy's eighth business adventure, the other seven failed. There's a lesson in that.
- Deja Polls!
- Do technicals matter? Collins just offered that they work better for individual stocks rather than the broader indices. That's actually a good point--with 8000 hedgies all staring at the same macro charts, levels are bound to become convoluted.
- You had to figure that terror jitters would drudge to the surface.
- Will she scratch faster, yawn wider and sleep more too?
- I'm hearing that much of today's action is the unwind of the "long crude, long fixed income, short equity" trade. Not a shocker, I know, but thought I'd pass it along.
- I'm scaling out of my "rental longs" and layering into more underneath puts (into this rally). I want the downside exposure/protection overnight and can always re-rent on the long side (with trailing stops) intraday. Not advice, of course, but thought I'd share the process. I am, as you know, well aware of the acne and uber-respectful of the "powers that be." Still, the risk is defined and I plan to trade around them.
- I always look forward to my Wednesday night Succofests. Tonight, however, promises to be particularly robust as we digest the recent action.
- Give in to the power of the tea...
- The only difference between intervention and manipulation is communication.
- Yawn! Dow 10K.
- I cannot pass judgment until I examine the evidence.
- Snaps to the Iron Horse. He's a great read and a better man.
- Fat guy in a little coat.
- While I've got a face for radio, Minyanville's Jeff Macke will be on CNBC Bullseye this evening at 6pm EST. Tell Becky that Boo sends his love!
- Gonna jump back to the Buzz and ride the hump into the sunset. I hope you're all jinglin' baby and, if not, that you have the ability to keep it in perspective. Tomorrow is a new day.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter