- Cat Trick!
- They're buying gold, eh?
- Chatter abounds that the terror alert will be raised in front of the election.
- Isaac Newton's only recorded utterance while he was a member of Parliament was a request to open the window.
- But there's no inflation.
- I haven't watched wrestling since Adrian Adonis and Jesse the Body were tag team champs.
- Elmer E. Newman!
- XBD 130--which has been the line in the sand for the brokers since May--should be on everyone's radar.
- That's my pie!
- There's still no inflation!
- S&P 1100 and INDU 1100 continue to be tested. As you know, supports (and resistances) get weaker with each test as layers of demand (supply) get chewed through.
- In Gulliver's Travels, Jonathan Swift described the two moons of Mars -- giving nearly their exact size and speeds of rotation. He did this more than 100 years before either moon was discovered.
- Yep, it usually takes about three months to trickle through to the bottom line.
- The migration of hedge funds to the asset classes with volatility is as dangerous as the compression in the equity markets.
- The slippy semis (-2.15%) have paused directly at SOX 400
- Fear of missing is the quickest way to lose. That applies both to the broader tape and when exiting individual positions.
- Weekend reading from Dr. Minyan Marc Faber.
- You know what a chaza is Frank? It's a pig that don't fly straight!
- Derek Lowe? Gritty. Curt Schilling? Gutsy. Pedro Martinez? Putzy.
- The earnings parade continues next week but it won't be as nutty as the last five sessions.
- Have you downloaded your instant message critter icon?
- The word dude was coined by Oscar Wilde and his friends. It is a combination of the words duds and attitude.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter