Another game seven tonight?
- Minyan Jack Tarver, the mensch that he is, agreed to match my $1000 (side bet) donation to the Ruby Peck Foundation for Children's Education.
- The dollar continues its slide and is now testing DXY 86. The greenback is now down 28% from early 2002. In layman's terms, that means that a dollar put under your mattress then is worth 72 cents today.
- The cyclical space is a dog fight but has thus far absorbed the Paccar (PCAR:NASD), CMI (CMI:NYSE), Navistar (NAV:NYSE) and Caterpillar (CAT:NYSE) supply.
- If Tony Clark's double bounces six inches lower in game five...
- If wishes were knishes...
- While the money center banks seem to be tentatively participating, the brokers are quietly edging towards XBD 130. That remains a big level for the group and, by extension, the entire tape.
- The first five pitchers that the Yankees used in game seven weren't in pinstripes last year.
- Two words: mouse trap.
- Can the tape rip into the election (ala March 2003 into the war)? Yes, it could although it's not something I would place a high probability on.
- Run rabbit run...
- I continue to hear stories from friends in the business looking to get out of the business. It's just tearing them up inside.
- Amazon (AMZN:NASD), Google (GOOG:NASD), Kla-Tencor (KLAC:NASD), Microsoft (MSFT:NASD) and Coca Cola (KO:NYSE) highlight tonight's avalanche.
- I've heard of cars with horsepower but this is ridiculous!
- The back-to-back-to-back-to-back baseball games have taken a physical toll on the Street.
- Sometimes Minyanville rocks with content and other times it's a bit slow. But we'll never toss "filler" in the mix as we have too much respect for your time.
- "We are long-term dollar bears, and the DXY broke support yesterday. However, we are on edge because of the crowded bear position. These positions have higher probabilities of bear traps, but that said, playing for such events is a dangerous game." Lehman scribe Jeff DeGraaf.
- The volatility in the commodities (crude, silver) is pulling traders into the fray. That is potentially dangerous as folks swing outside their wheelhouse.
- Maybe I'm over-focusing on Citigroup (C:NYSE) as a tell but it keeps finding supply with each rally try.
- Why are the trannies at five year highs with crude at $55? That's where the money flows are.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter