By Todd Harrison Oct 21, 2004 11:49 am
Another game seven tonight?
- Minyan Jack Tarver, the mensch that he is, agreed to match my $1000 (side bet) donation to the Ruby Peck Foundation for Children's Education.
- The dollar continues its slide and is now testing DXY 86. The greenback is now down 28% from early 2002. In layman's terms, that means that a dollar put under your mattress then is worth 72 cents today.
- The cyclical space is a dog fight but has thus far absorbed the Paccar (PCAR:NASD), CMI (CMI:NYSE), Navistar (NAV:NYSE) and Caterpillar (CAT:NYSE) supply.
- If Tony Clark's double bounces six inches lower in game five...
- If wishes were knishes...
- While the money center banks seem to be tentatively participating, the brokers are quietly edging towards XBD 130. That remains a big level for the group and, by extension, the entire tape.
- The first five pitchers that the Yankees used in game seven weren't in pinstripes last year.
- Two words: mouse trap.
- Can the tape rip into the election (ala March 2003 into the war)? Yes, it could although it's not something I would place a high probability on.
- Run rabbit run...
- I continue to hear stories from friends in the business looking to get out of the business. It's just tearing them up inside.
- Amazon (AMZN:NASD), Google (GOOG:NASD), Kla-Tencor (KLAC:NASD), Microsoft (MSFT:NASD) and Coca Cola (KO:NYSE) highlight tonight's avalanche.
- I've heard of cars with horsepower but this is ridiculous!
- The back-to-back-to-back-to-back baseball games have taken a physical toll on the Street.
- Sometimes Minyanville rocks with content and other times it's a bit slow. But we'll never toss "filler" in the mix as we have too much respect for your time.
- "We are long-term dollar bears, and the DXY broke support yesterday. However, we are on edge because of the crowded bear position. These positions have higher probabilities of bear traps, but that said, playing for such events is a dangerous game." Lehman scribe Jeff DeGraaf.
- The volatility in the commodities (crude, silver) is pulling traders into the fray. That is potentially dangerous as folks swing outside their wheelhouse.
- Maybe I'm over-focusing on Citigroup (C:NYSE) as a tell but it keeps finding supply with each rally try.
- Why are the trannies at five year highs with crude at $55? That's where the money flows are.
position in c
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter