More Random Thoughts!
Hit 'em hard bombers and this time put some STANK on it!
- This is the ride Hoofy is hoping to sport into year end.
- Lotsa fade trades today--first by the bulls, then by the bears. Pressers and guessers likely got whipped (again) and there's a lesson in that (no overtrading please).
- Crude is just plain rude--it's up 3% and pressing to new highs. The drillers have jumped 3% on the heels of that move.
- After the "Popeye" comic strip started in 1931, spinach consumption went up by thirty-three percent in the United States.
- Lots left on this week's trading radar.
- If your time horizon and risk profile don't overlap, your profits may fall through the cracks.
- A huge short base has built up in the Yankees.
- "The S&P closed yesterday at 1103.23, which is just above the support at 1101 (September 28). However, the near-term momentum indicator made a new reaction low (below the September low). This new reaction low is (a) a negative divergence in that momentum is deteriorating faster than price and is (b) intimating that the S&P 500 will break below support at 1101." Minyan John Roque of Natexis Bleichroeder
- While I'd love to see Clemens face the Yanks, I've gotta root for the Cards as a function of JB.
- Google (GOOG:NASD) is getting tagged for 5% in front of earnings.
- Baseball during earnings? Unfair.
- Citigroup (C:NYSE) $43 is a level to watch as an over/under into the close.
- The focus shifts back to the rude crude as the bulls try to hold it together. While the camel must be having backaches by now--and there is definite muck in select sectors--the broader tape has absorbed the supply. Indeed, breadth is balanced and the futes are on either side of unchanged.
- I wonder if they're from Red Dye?
- The United Healthcare (UNH:NYSE) pressers are learning the hard way that risk is two-sided.
- The small caps are back at the 200-day (RUT 570).
- Do you think they'll seek asylum in the 'Ville?
- Aunt Fannie (FNM:NYSE) banged her keppe right at technical resistance ($69-$70).
- I've gotta scoot for a midtown meeting on the bell. Good luck into the close and LET'S GO YANKEES!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter