- After the exhaustive Sox stand, the Yanks were clearly tired heading into the series. Still, they can't take the Marlins for granted--they play gritty, they're aggressive and they aren't intimidated by the legend and lore.
- Altera (ALTR:NASD) and Texas Instruments (TXN:NYSE) highlight tonight's earnings. AT&T (T:NYSE), Bank One (ONE:NYSE), SBC Communication (SBC:NYSE) and Wells Fargo (WFC:NYSE) will release their reports tomorrow morning.
- It's very quiet out there today--outside of the spooky music. And yes, we're working on that as we speak.
- N's over S's. (semis vs. banks)
- The CFO of 3M (MMM:NYSE) says he sees "no sign of a U.S economic recovery." With the stock higher, the bulls will offer that action speaks louder than words. When the stock trades lower, it'll seem obvious that the cyclicals got ahead of themselves.
- Build it....and he will come.
- Fokker returned from South Beach with a goatee, "do rag" and shaved head. Ay Poppy!
- Watch the biotechs (BTK) as they tickle their September lows. Once upon a time, this sector had "predictive powers" for the Nazz as a whole.
- S&P 1035ish is shaping up as a near-term support (area of congestion throughout October).
- My friends are insisting that I join them to watch tonight's Raiders game. Gulp.
- Are you having a hard time reading today's tea leaves? Then do a bit less until a more discernable edge emerges.
- Joe's Stone Crabs.
- Note the NDX gap below (from October 3rd) from 1340 through 1360. It "should" fill eventually.
- The gorillas were better sellers this morning but when there wasn't any follow-through, they disappeared.
- Gold continues to hold $370.
- My eyes keep migrating back to Citigroup (C:NYSE) and Bank of America (BAC:NYSE) for signs of slippage/traction. As it stands, they act a bit heavy.
- The Cowboys?
- Why does it always feel worse to lose $100 bet than it feels good to win a $100 bet?
- You'll never be long enough when they rally or short enough when they fail. The goal is to balance the two such that you're proactive and risk attentive.
- What are the odds that John Chambers says we remain in a "show me" economy when Cisco (CSCO:NASD) reports?
- IBM (IBM:NYSE) is having a tug-o-war at $89.
- Does yellow tail have a yellow tail?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter