By Marcus Laun Oct 17, 2003 10:58 am
Come to papa!
- Fokker left after his chronicles to catch a plane to Miami. I didn't have the heart to tell him that the first two games are in New York.
- The SOX are getting smoked. Deja vu!
- How many times is the S&P 1040 fade (buy) and the S&P 1050 fade (sell) gonna work? With that said, S&P 1040 (NDX 1400) should act as the first support.
- You wanna see the spirit of Minyanville? Check out the chestnuts again and look to the left!
- Snoop Tone invited me to his home in New Jersey for a weekend barbeque and wants to show off his new Jacuzzi. Uh, dude...send a picture.
- The breadth is funky at 2:1 negative.
- They should have known better.
- The fun and games continue next week. Monday: 3M (MMM:NYSE), Citigroup (C:NYSE), Altera (ALTR:NYSE) and Texas Instruments (TXN:NYSE) kick off the festivities Monday. A bevy of beauties will fill the frock until Mr. Softee (MSFT:NASD) comes to town on Thursday.
- The peripheral internets (Amazon (AMZN:NASD) and Yahoo! (YHOO:NASD)) are moving begrudgingly lower. That's a sign of crowded shorts.
- The key to the Burned Razor thesis, in my mind, is the seed of fear. Portfolio managers have to schvitz a little and look to lock in their year (sell) if there's to be a meaningful pullback (before the Snapper trapper).
- What is it about Yankee third basemen and the post-season?
- As part of a side bet with bean eating Minyan Dan Meehan, I agreed to let him post a Random Thought if the Sox lost. Here it is: I am at a loss of words about last night's game. And yet I have to say that the past couple of weeks have been great and wouldn't give them back for anything. I got to spend time with my best friend (man) Mad Dog, and the rest of the Blondies (East Side) Boston contingency. I even got to hang out with Toddo and the Critters (Daisy looks good in the Butterscotch thong). So while I have to admit defeat to the dreaded evil empire, it is put into perspective because of all the great things in my life--especially the amazing woman that I will marry next October!
- I still think that next year could be all Boston if Torre bolts as I fear he will.
- The financials are crimson but they're still hanging tough. They'll be the key to any potential Snapper cameo today.
- S's over N's (BKX vs. SOX).
position in ndx, msft
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter