Come to papa!
- Fokker left after his chronicles to catch a plane to Miami. I didn't have the heart to tell him that the first two games are in New York.
- The SOX are getting smoked. Deja vu!
- How many times is the S&P 1040 fade (buy) and the S&P 1050 fade (sell) gonna work? With that said, S&P 1040 (NDX 1400) should act as the first support.
- You wanna see the spirit of Minyanville? Check out the chestnuts again and look to the left!
- Snoop Tone invited me to his home in New Jersey for a weekend barbeque and wants to show off his new Jacuzzi. Uh, dude...send a picture.
- The breadth is funky at 2:1 negative.
- They should have known better.
- The fun and games continue next week. Monday: 3M (MMM:NYSE), Citigroup (C:NYSE), Altera (ALTR:NYSE) and Texas Instruments (TXN:NYSE) kick off the festivities Monday. A bevy of beauties will fill the frock until Mr. Softee (MSFT:NASD) comes to town on Thursday.
- The peripheral internets (Amazon (AMZN:NASD) and Yahoo! (YHOO:NASD)) are moving begrudgingly lower. That's a sign of crowded shorts.
- The key to the Burned Razor thesis, in my mind, is the seed of fear. Portfolio managers have to schvitz a little and look to lock in their year (sell) if there's to be a meaningful pullback (before the Snapper trapper).
- What is it about Yankee third basemen and the post-season?
- As part of a side bet with bean eating Minyan Dan Meehan, I agreed to let him post a Random Thought if the Sox lost. Here it is: I am at a loss of words about last night's game. And yet I have to say that the past couple of weeks have been great and wouldn't give them back for anything. I got to spend time with my best friend (man) Mad Dog, and the rest of the Blondies (East Side) Boston contingency. I even got to hang out with Toddo and the Critters (Daisy looks good in the Butterscotch thong). So while I have to admit defeat to the dreaded evil empire, it is put into perspective because of all the great things in my life--especially the amazing woman that I will marry next October!
- I still think that next year could be all Boston if Torre bolts as I fear he will.
- The financials are crimson but they're still hanging tough. They'll be the key to any potential Snapper cameo today.
- S's over N's (BKX vs. SOX).
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter