- Sir John Templeton is quite cautious these days. Deja vu, Boo!
- A timetable for implementing the new Iraqi government is now in place. Shockingly, France, Russia and Germany won't send troops or increase their financial commitment.
- It's National Chestnut week and you've got a Minyan connection!
- The Minx is squirty today.
- How many traders have the same stops below S&P 1040 and above S&P 1050?
- Once the Yanks stranded Soriano and Jeter on second and third with one out (after the double steal), I looked at my buddy Aaron and said "uh oh."
- How bad would IBM's (IBM:NYSE) earnings been without the benefit of currency gains?
- What's flickering behind my eyes right now? Whether a "sell the news" on earnings is too easy or if there needs to be one more squeezy hug. As such, I'm trading "in between," keeping some dry powder and constructing a risk profile that's an extension of my thought process. I wanna be fit as a fiddle when the pitch comes down the pipe.
- When's the last time you saw A Bronx Tale? "Now you can't leave..."
- Advanced Micro (AMD:NYSE), Broadcom (BRCM:NASD), EBay (EBAY:NASD), Peoplesoft (PSFT:NASD), Sun Micro (SUNW:NASD) and Xilinx (XLNX:NASD) highlight tonight's parade.
- A little perspective: the CYC (cyclical index) is only a few percent off its (multiyear) high. What happens if more CATs meow?
- Keep an eye on Dubya's approval rating. It may fly south for the winter.
- Europe has stabilized (lower).
- How money is Pudge?
- Ask ten people and you'll get ten different opinions regarding the stock market. The only opinion that matters, in the end, is your own. Think very carefully about how you want to be set up in the coming months and don't look back either way. Wouldas, couldas and shouldas are wasted emotions.
- All of the major indices (S&P, NDX, BKX, DJIA, SOX) have given stochastic sell signals. Again, that's not a timing mechanism, per se, but when coupled with overhead resistance, it's something to add to the mix.
- I feel like the Toddo stochastic is pretzel twisting at the bottom.
- Remember Quotron?
- It's uber-important to have a risk profile that matches your time horizon.
- Housing starts, building permits and the Wolverine confidence number are due out tomorrow.
- As it stands, the tape acts better than I would have thought (given the news).
- Tomorrow's expiration is likely adding "stickiness" to current levels. If past form holds, next week may get wiggy.
- If the Sox win, I'll be happy for Minyans Dan Meehan and George Hill--but that's about it.
- Philly Fed just juiced the tape. (Don't overtrade the number)
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter