Randoms for the Bell
May peace be with you!
- Tony Dwyer--sportin' a milk moustache--would be an awesome spokesman for the American Daisy, er, Dairy Association.
- The Minx is simultaneously probing four resistance levels--NDX 1440, CYC 680-685, INDU 9975 and Russell 570.
- How 'bout dem Orange?
- Yes, Random Thoughts typically increase towards the end of the week as my creative juices dry up.
- The dry trannie action yesterday was a "wink" for today's jig.
- I have a plan. It includes climbing into bed, turning off the phone and watching the Yankees try to win a very important game three.
- Lotsa earnings next week--keep those #2's sharp!
- Vols are comin' back in--the VXO is off 7%.
- I love the 'Ville more than you know. But sometimes I wish I could take a day or two away from the fray without anyone noticing.
- Do I think that there's "exogenous shock" risk into November 2? Yes. Am I making a huge bet that way? No. Do I have some defined risk puts on because they're cheap enough to warrant it? Yes.
- Franklin and Martha sitting in a tree...
- I wonder if the Aflac duck is getting roasted?
- Now I know where Phoebe and Zoë ran off to when the housekeeper left the door open!
- The fundamentals of the metals are long-term bullish. The risk to this thesis is the deflationary scenario (if Elmer pulls the plug on the printing press). If that happens, asset classes should fall in synch.
- What's my favorite nation? A Do-nation!
- I'm excited for our new contributors!
- Crude back in Matador City. Wowzers.
- Chasing your dreams is never easy but it feels awesome when you catch 'em.
- Keep DXY 87 (dollar index support) on your radar and be sure to keep on eye on it come Monday.
- Big Minyan mindmeld next Wednesday with Steve Shobin, John Roque, Michael Santoli, Tony Dwyer and Rodney Lankford. I just hope the Yankee/Sox series doesn't go seven!
- Fare ye well into the bell and have a tremendous weekend!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter