It'll take all I got to get through S&P 1050!
- After losing game 2 of 1975 World Series to even the Series at 1-1 with the Reds, Bill "Spaceman" Lee was asked how he would characterize the World Series so far. His reply "Tied."
- BIG semiconductor night: Intel (INTC:NASD), Novellus (NVLS:NASD) and Teradyne (TER:NYSE) all state their case.
- Rap artist Sean "Puffy" Combs had his first job at age two when he modeled in an advertisement for Baskin-Robbins ice-cream shops.
- I'm hearing that a large macro hedgie bear has flipped and leveraged long.
- The S&P has been in a relatively tight band since the October 3rd gap higher. Basing (before blast off) or churning (directly under the broadening top)? The bears have the "edge" under S&P 1050 (near-term) and Hoofy will stake his claim above it. Again--a piece (higher) doesn't eliminate Boo's potential payday, it just lowers the immediate odds.
- Tomorrow morning: General Motors (GM:NYSE). Tomorrow afternoon: Apple (AAPL:NASD), International Business Machines (IBM:NYSE), QLogic (QLGC:NASD) and Seibel (SEBL:NASD).
- Price targets on the Burned Razor? How does a start from S&P 1050-1070 and a pullback to S&P 950ish (before the Snapper and Slapper).
- What will motivate the supply? Are earnings too obvious?
- Minyan tees were spotted in Arizona (gym) and London (pub). Have you sported your favorite critter lately?
- I don't have the volume turned up on my television but some guy just held up a stained pink sweater. Man, I've got a dirty mind sometimes.
- If this is a strong dollar policy, I'd hate to see a weak dollar policy.
- Will somebody please wake up Alphonso Soriano?
- Julian Robertson was about two weeks early (covering his massive shorts in the spring of 2000).
- Gold $370 is a shaping up as the near term-support now.
- Do you think Sam the Butcher ever snuck sleepovers at the Brady's?
- My cat Phoebe just called to let me know that Intel was gonna report "better" earnings. (read: who doesn't know this by now?)
- A big howdy to the Collier clan of Stephenville, Texas!
- I've been keying on the financials today and they have no budge to 'em.
- Front month punts provide a great two-way hedge.
- Are you watching this Countrywide Financial (CFC:NYSE)?
- Not to be forgotten, Beeks will drop off the Empire manufacturing (exp. 16), Advanced retail sales (exp. -.1%, ex-autos .4%) and the tan book tomorrow.
- And you thought I forgot Random Thoughts...
- If you never saw a Dead show, you've missed an American culture icon.
- And you think tomorrow is busy? Wait till you see Thursday's line-up!
- The VXO (volatility) stochastics are hooking at the bottom while the S&P stochies are twistin' at the top. That doesn't mean they can't go higher (obviously) but if you can define your risk (via options or price levels)...
- It was very cool of Neil Glassman to take all of his "best" accounts to dinner last night.
- Is it me or does Microsoft (MSFT:NASD) still trade heavy?
- We'll be jammin' into the close (earnings) so please bear with the critters.
- Coming soon: Daisy Cakes!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter