By Todd Harrison Oct 14, 2003 2:15 pm
It'll take all I got to get through S&P 1050!
- After losing game 2 of 1975 World Series to even the Series at 1-1 with the Reds, Bill "Spaceman" Lee was asked how he would characterize the World Series so far. His reply "Tied."
- BIG semiconductor night: Intel (INTC:NASD), Novellus (NVLS:NASD) and Teradyne (TER:NYSE) all state their case.
- Rap artist Sean "Puffy" Combs had his first job at age two when he modeled in an advertisement for Baskin-Robbins ice-cream shops.
- I'm hearing that a large macro hedgie bear has flipped and leveraged long.
- The S&P has been in a relatively tight band since the October 3rd gap higher. Basing (before blast off) or churning (directly under the broadening top)? The bears have the "edge" under S&P 1050 (near-term) and Hoofy will stake his claim above it. Again--a piece (higher) doesn't eliminate Boo's potential payday, it just lowers the immediate odds.
- Tomorrow morning: General Motors (GM:NYSE). Tomorrow afternoon: Apple (AAPL:NASD), International Business Machines (IBM:NYSE), QLogic (QLGC:NASD) and Seibel (SEBL:NASD).
- Price targets on the Burned Razor? How does a start from S&P 1050-1070 and a pullback to S&P 950ish (before the Snapper and Slapper).
- What will motivate the supply? Are earnings too obvious?
- Minyan tees were spotted in Arizona (gym) and London (pub). Have you sported your favorite critter lately?
- I don't have the volume turned up on my television but some guy just held up a stained pink sweater. Man, I've got a dirty mind sometimes.
- If this is a strong dollar policy, I'd hate to see a weak dollar policy.
- Will somebody please wake up Alphonso Soriano?
- Julian Robertson was about two weeks early (covering his massive shorts in the spring of 2000).
- Gold $370 is a shaping up as the near term-support now.
- Do you think Sam the Butcher ever snuck sleepovers at the Brady's?
- My cat Phoebe just called to let me know that Intel was gonna report "better" earnings. (read: who doesn't know this by now?)
- A big howdy to the Collier clan of Stephenville, Texas!
- I've been keying on the financials today and they have no budge to 'em.
- Front month punts provide a great two-way hedge.
- Are you watching this Countrywide Financial (CFC:NYSE)?
- Not to be forgotten, Beeks will drop off the Empire manufacturing (exp. 16), Advanced retail sales (exp. -.1%, ex-autos .4%) and the tan book tomorrow.
- And you thought I forgot Random Thoughts...
- If you never saw a Dead show, you've missed an American culture icon.
- And you think tomorrow is busy? Wait till you see Thursday's line-up!
- The VXO (volatility) stochastics are hooking at the bottom while the S&P stochies are twistin' at the top. That doesn't mean they can't go higher (obviously) but if you can define your risk (via options or price levels)...
- It was very cool of Neil Glassman to take all of his "best" accounts to dinner last night.
- Is it me or does Microsoft (MSFT:NASD) still trade heavy?
- We'll be jammin' into the close (earnings) so please bear with the critters.
- Coming soon: Daisy Cakes!
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter