Will Microsoft or Citigroup win the tug-o-war?
- Pedro's antics were "Pippenesque" in terms of lost respect.
- Before you blindly subscribe to the "Hey, the BKX is breaking out so we must be going higher" trade, pull your chart back a bit. The banks gave a similar signal in May 2002 before burping 30% lower.
- At the risk of completely alienating myself from ye faithful Minyans, I think Justin Timberlake did an awesome job hosting Saturday Night Live.
- There will be a ton of noise in the next few weeks. Define your time horizon before initiating risk and understand why you're involved. There are trades for the day, trades for a catalyst and trades for a thesis. The definition of an investment should never be a trade that has moved against you.
- I'm not ignoring that stench that is my beloved Raiders--I just don't know what to say. Perhaps they'll play the role of spoiler this season but, truth be told, it's prolly gonna be a very long rebuilding process. Somebody pass the ice cream so I can eat this humble pie ala mode!
- As a function of Friday's after-market pop, the futures went out "rich." That's why the cash indices are outperforming today's futures market.
- The home builders continue to feel like the new age dot.coms.
- Shawshank Redemption is one of those movies that you can never see too many times.
- Is General Electric (GE:NYSE) a major tell or akin to the big blue brush off?
- Microsoft (MSFT:NASD) is down on the day.
- S's over N's.
- We're in the sweet spot for sport seasons.
- I haven't seen further flow from the gorillas. Again, it will be interesting to see if they sit with that exposure (into earnings) if we can't perk through resistance.
- Fokker is a die hard Cowboy fan (he has been since I've known him). I guess we're having tuna for lunch!
- We have yet to set a new date for the Critters Choice Awards but we'll update the dedicated site as soon as we do. Thank you for the continued (phenomenal) support!
- The volatility in the crude market is wild.
- Snoop Doggy Style.
- For the record, Jerry's knee was down and one knee equals two feet.
- The Marlins are feisty but I'm still rootin' for the Cubbies.
- Minor gaps exist below today's opening prints.
- Remember erector sets?
- We need more bank holidays.
- Gold is starting to firm a bit.
- Countrywide Financial (CFC:NYSE) tossed some bears but good on Friday.
- Let's get our troops home already.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter