By Todd Harrison Oct 13, 2003 11:47 am
Will Microsoft or Citigroup win the tug-o-war?
- Pedro's antics were "Pippenesque" in terms of lost respect.
- Before you blindly subscribe to the "Hey, the BKX is breaking out so we must be going higher" trade, pull your chart back a bit. The banks gave a similar signal in May 2002 before burping 30% lower.
- At the risk of completely alienating myself from ye faithful Minyans, I think Justin Timberlake did an awesome job hosting Saturday Night Live.
- There will be a ton of noise in the next few weeks. Define your time horizon before initiating risk and understand why you're involved. There are trades for the day, trades for a catalyst and trades for a thesis. The definition of an investment should never be a trade that has moved against you.
- I'm not ignoring that stench that is my beloved Raiders--I just don't know what to say. Perhaps they'll play the role of spoiler this season but, truth be told, it's prolly gonna be a very long rebuilding process. Somebody pass the ice cream so I can eat this humble pie ala mode!
- As a function of Friday's after-market pop, the futures went out "rich." That's why the cash indices are outperforming today's futures market.
- The home builders continue to feel like the new age dot.coms.
- Shawshank Redemption is one of those movies that you can never see too many times.
- Is General Electric (GE:NYSE) a major tell or akin to the big blue brush off?
- Microsoft (MSFT:NASD) is down on the day.
- S's over N's.
- We're in the sweet spot for sport seasons.
- I haven't seen further flow from the gorillas. Again, it will be interesting to see if they sit with that exposure (into earnings) if we can't perk through resistance.
- Fokker is a die hard Cowboy fan (he has been since I've known him). I guess we're having tuna for lunch!
- We have yet to set a new date for the Critters Choice Awards but we'll update the dedicated site as soon as we do. Thank you for the continued (phenomenal) support!
- The volatility in the crude market is wild.
- Snoop Doggy Style.
- For the record, Jerry's knee was down and one knee equals two feet.
- The Marlins are feisty but I'm still rootin' for the Cubbies.
- Minor gaps exist below today's opening prints.
- Remember erector sets?
- We need more bank holidays.
- Gold is starting to firm a bit.
- Countrywide Financial (CFC:NYSE) tossed some bears but good on Friday.
- Let's get our troops home already.
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter