- Two Years ago today...
- Vols (yawn) are down (yawn) 7% (yawn) and breaching Bar Mitzvah levels.
- Smoked Fish!
- We've been eyeing the XBD (broker index) for signs of inverse dandruff (the same pattern is emerging in Goldman Sachs (GS:NYSE)). If this puppy can poke through SBD 130 (95ish), the bulls may scream "No more tears!"
- China claims to possess the world's smallest town-Yumen. This town, in Tibet, has only three residents--an elderly man and his two daughters. The town has a local council, chief executive and an official seal.
- It's a snazzy and jazzy day all the way around as the Minx is celebrating the critter's big moment with jig across the board, jiggy internals, acne everywhere (S&P, NDX, CYC?)
- Children laugh about 400 times a day, while adults laugh on average only 15 times a day.
- The word buxom at one time meant obedient.
- S&P 1130 is a zone where the Minx failed multiple times in September.
- SOX 400ish is a zone where Pedro has backpedaled before.
- I'm not sure if Kerry won or Bush lost but either way, the former looked better than the latter. Could THAT be why the market is rallying? Is the Minx impressed with Kerry? Don't know---just askin' and puttin' it out there.
- Do I make you horny baby?
- The Trannies have taken out their previous (5-year) highs. If the "Dow theory" is to kick in, the industrials would have to make a similar move (they've got a ways to go). Please note that the 200-day moving average comes into play at Dow 10,300.
- With best friends like this,....
- Most of my stochastics are "middle of the road" (no compelling signal)
- One man gathers what another man spills.
- Watch Google (GOOG:NASD) as it trades towards $135. That's where it recently ran into a slew of supply.
- Software is on fire today. The SWH (software holder) is up 3.2%.
- The metals, despite their recent jig and a firmer greenback (today), hang tough. Don't forget that the G7 is on deck and there are expectations of negative dollar banter.
- Any thoughts on a venue for Minyanville's birthday party tonight?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter